Sign in to follow this  
Guest Steve Brown

Big thank you to Wayne Roberts

Just wanted to say thank you to Wayne Roberts for continuing to make wonderful airport sceneries (as well as his other work) for FlyII. The late Richard Harvey captured the fun of flying so very well in this sim, Microsoft with all its money and power and "goodies" just still doesn't capture that fun factor like Fly does :-yellow1 :-jumpy :-yellow1 :-jumpy :-yellow1 I do have a special request for Mr Roberts. I fly out of two airports, one that is not represented very well in FlyII, the other isn't even there. KHIO Portland Hillsboro (which has the NDB HI missing from its ILS approach) and 7S3 Stark's Twin Oaks, an interesting little family owned airport just south of KHIO. If I could just get one of these it would certainly make my day and both would make Oregon all the more fun to Fly! in.Enjoy Flying,Zane

Dr Zane Gard

Posted Image

Sr Staff Reviewer AVSIM

Private Pilot ASEL since 1986 IFR 2010

AOPA 00915027

American Mensa 100314888

Zane,I've been out of the development loop for Fly!II for about half a year because of my job, but it looks like my time is freeing up a little. Making the DB update for HI NDB would be fairly easy and I could send you the DEX file via email.I could also make the basic Twin Oaks airport (runway, etc.) in the coming week if there is enough data available on it. Wayne could then make scenery for it at his discretion if he also imported the airport into his system.

Randall Rocke

Thank you Randall,Info for 7S3 can be found here: http://www.fltplan.com/AirportInformation/K7S3.htmThe NDB for approach to ILS12 at KHIO is identified as HI, name ABATE, location N45*37.8', W123*02.6', frequency 356, the FSS for this frequency is McMinnvilleLet me know if you need any additional info. I really appreciate the help. I tried to make the NDB a little over a year ago but wasn't getting it to work right so I just moved on to things I know how to do :+ Have fun flyin,Zane

Dr Zane Gard

Posted Image

Sr Staff Reviewer AVSIM

AOPA 00915027

American Mensa 100314888

Guest Eagle

Zane, the KHIO airport was uploaded this evening.If Randall will do the 7S3 airport I will do the scenery for that.

Wayne, You're the greatest. Man, how I wish they'd have continued with the Fly series. I'll post some more screenshots over in the forum just to rile up the FS fans! :)Best wishes,Zane

Dr Zane Gard

Posted Image

Sr Staff Reviewer AVSIM

AOPA 00915027

American Mensa 100314888

I'll give'em a try this weekend. The NDB should be no problem - though there is some good information at the link you provided, it's still missing some of the data I would need to place and configure the airport exactly.

Randall Rocke

Hi Randall,Tell me what you need and I will see if I can get it. I have two airport reference guides and can always call or drive by the airport itself. I will check and see if the Civil Air Patrol has any overhead shots posted of the airpark as well.Zane

Dr Zane Gard

Posted Image

Sr Staff Reviewer AVSIM

AOPA 00915027

American Mensa 100314888

Thanks Zane,I can make it with the info you've supplied, but I would have to interpolate so much that it may be off a little bit. The data is missing the following:--Lat/Long of each runway end--True heading of each runway--Magnetic heading of each runwayI'll need your email to send you the files - I can be reached at: capvideo@columbus.rr.com

Randall Rocke

Zane,In case you haven't checked your mail, I sent you the DEX files for the HIO approach fixes. If for any reason there is a problem getting attchments on your hotmail account, let me know and I'll send them to the other address.I've almost got the "beta" version of 7S3 done and will send it up this evening. It's a little tough to do without the heading and endpoint data. I've based the runway position with the estimated lat/long of your info at runway center, then extrapolated the endpoints from the runway length. With no heading data outside of runway IDs and variation, I've initially set the headings to 20/200 mag & 39/219 true.After you import the airport, let me know what you think or if you can get more info. If it's OK, let me know and I'll upload it to Avsim and send it on to Wayne.

Randall Rocke

Big Thank you Randall,I loaded up the Hillsboro info last night and flew the ILS 12 and it was perfect. The problem you mentioned with the NDB not working right the first time you made it from within Fly was exactly the problem I had... I just didn't know what else to do so I just went on! Now I can fly the ILS just like published, really like the added middle marker. Wayne's work on the airport really adds some life to a rather dull default airport, after you get used to landing at one of his airports you tend to avoid the others. Looking forward to using Stark's Twin Oaks, really fun little airpark that the EAA's 105th uses every first Saturday morning for a pancake breakfast fly-in. Lot's of interesting birds land there!Happy flyin,Zane

Dr Zane Gard

Posted Image

Sr Staff Reviewer AVSIM

AOPA 00915027

American Mensa 100314888

Wayne,The 7S3 airport has been sent to Zane - I can't find your email address, so if you would be so kind as to send it to the address below, I'll send you the airport files also. I mentioned some possibilities for scenery adjustments to Zane - I would be happy to copy those comments to you when I send the files.I will hold off on the airport DEX file upload to Avsim, until acceptable taxiways and scenery are also available.capvideo@columbus.rr.com

Randall Rocke

Hello Steve,That aircraft is an American Aircraft Falcon XP which I built in 1986 and sold in 1990. I have been working on a FSDS2 model of it for MSFS and will gladly work with anyone that can use the 3d files created by FSDS2 to make a Fly!II version of it. The modeling and animations are complete and I am currently working on the gauges (xml) and texturing. I took a little break since my eyes were starting to cross! But plan to get it finished over the next month or so.Zane

Dr Zane Gard

Posted Image

Sr Staff Reviewer AVSIM

AOPA 00915027

American Mensa 100314888

Guest Steve Brown

Ah right, I remember seeing your post now Zane :-) My mind is a clutter with all the learning of 3DS Max :-lol She truly is a wonderful aircraft, my kind of plane. Its a pity I dont know more about putting planes into fly and understanding more about the workings :-( Lets hope someone takes the bate???Anyway, looking forward to your finished product for the other sim.All the best on your great work.SteveMy Websitehttp://www.wrexhamspace.orghttp://mysite.wanadoo-members.co.uk/ysomdesign/banner.jpg