KenWood

The Seneca is out! go get it.

Guest tonyc

at Simvol. Thanks everyone.tony

Guest tonyc

There's a problem with downloading the zip file.tony

Guest danieletona

Yes,a thanks immense to ROTW and F2FDesign!:-beerchug

I downloaded both the aircraft and manual earlier today at my office (DSL :)) and rushed home to try it out. My zip file says 30.1 megs but there is a file: - AIRPVARMAG.pod which is described in the installation instructions but nowhere to be found in the zip file. When I go to start the sim it hangs up at the startup screen (I have the fly.ini set so that you don't have to set the graphics on each startup but it does show this screen briefly with the instruction to hit the alt key if you want to change display settings... this is the screen which is hanging up). Don't know if its the missing file or something else. Everything was working beautifully before and I really can't wait to try the Seneca out.Zane

Dr Zane Gard

Posted Image

Sr Staff Reviewer AVSIM

Private Pilot ASEL since 1986 IFR 2010

AOPA 00915027

American Mensa 100314888

Thank you for the file Rene, I will try reloading everything later and see if it works. I removed all the Seneca files and the sim still hangs up at the same opening screen. I am worried that it might be from XP SP2, I can't recall if I have opened Fly!II since updating a few days ago... sure hope that is not the case.Zane

Dr Zane Gard

Posted Image

Sr Staff Reviewer AVSIM

AOPA 00915027

American Mensa 100314888

Guest roland_lfor

I've installed the XP SP2 yesterday (XP family).No (new) problem seen with Fly! 2- roland -* AirFeedback 1.0 ** DragPoder 1.0 ** SquawkBox 3.1 *

Guest laurentC

Hi Zane,Well the missing file in the package can't freeze the Fly! start up procedure ... I think you should remove all the files related to the seneca and especially the dll. Except for Fly! corrupted or missing files I just can see the dll as the culprit.After you have removed ALL the seneca files and related HST files, fire up Fly! pushing the Ctrl key until you've got a dialog window. Here, choose a default situation in the list and load. Sometimes this way made a good sweep over the junk files ...CheersLaurent

Thank you Laurent,I will try that procedure now... didn't check to see if any HST files had been created! Ironic that I got my father's Fly!II working on his Mac today when mine stopped working yesterday... go figure.Zane

Dr Zane Gard

Posted Image

Sr Staff Reviewer AVSIM

AOPA 00915027

American Mensa 100314888

Remember all those about map making I posted recently? Well, that's the problem. I had been working on the L-2 lo alt IFR enroute map and the .map file was in a very unfinished state. Boy was Rob right when he said if ANYTHING was amiss in this file it would hang the sim up. The Seneca is the finest Fly!II aircraft ever released, that panel is incredible.Zane

Dr Zane Gard

Posted Image

Sr Staff Reviewer AVSIM

AOPA 00915027

American Mensa 100314888

I am glad everyone is enjoying this plane! Many thanks to Peter Sidoli, Andrew Farnaby and Rob Young for releasing the Seneca to ROTW / F2FDesign to finish. Peter's attention to detail is evident in this model, isn't it - for her handling? ;-) The gentlemen at ROTW and Jarno put a lot of love into this project. Thanks to all of you for bringing the Seneca V into Fly! II, and to the pilots who are now flying her - thank you for hanging in there!Cheers!Ken Wood :-sun1http://www.avsim.com/hangar/fly/dfdg/bannernewkw.jpgGateway 700X; Intel P4 2.4GHz; 512MB RAM; NVIDIA Ti4200 4X AGP 128MB; SB Audigy; Thrustmaster TopGun Fox 2 Pro Shock

Kenneth E Wood Jr  🌪️🌩️

ex AG1, USN (14yr Vet) Weather Foecaster

Ken,A special thanks to you, ROTW and F2F for your perseverance on this project. Finally, a big thanks to Peter, Rob, and Andrew for their willingness to turn over what must have been many hours of care and toil - entrusting it to you.

Randall Rocke