Sign in to follow this  
Guest tonyc

Straight lines have 'saw-tooth' appearance

Guest 3cffts

In Fly II, is there any way to get rid of a very 'jagged' appearance of straight lines in the fore-ground ... such as runway edges when taxiing. At times what should be solid runway edge lines appear as a row of 'dashes'. My video card is an ASUS V9280 with 128mb on board RAM in a Pentium 2.4 Ghz with 512mb RAM.

Guest tonyc

you need to set your video card to Antialasing 2x or better.tony

Guest 3cffts

Tony, Many thanks for your tip. I did not realize I could change that setting, but I can. I had to go to 3d and now the display is pretty good. I do get some hesitations in the screen presentation as I turn but I have all densities, ranges, complexities etc. set to maximum, except other aircraft are not turned on. Do you have any suggestions as to which setting is best as the first for me to try changing in order to get rid of the hesitations but retain the best picture and performance?Brian.

Guest tonyc

In your FLY2 optionsscenery, make sure that the medium resolution setting is moved to the lowest number.tony

Even with a 128MB card, going to "max" in your settings will be too much for your system. So, start reducing your settings a little until you get the performance/visual trade-off that works for you. Adjustments in the render.ini "slots" can also make a difference.The only persons I lknow who have been able to max Fly!II out are those with a combination of 256MB cards, 1GB RAM, and 2.5 or higher processors.

Randall Rocke

Guest 3cffts

I can see now that Fly II, if used to its maximum, demands more computing power than I realized. The video card that I have has a pixel fill rate of 1 billion/sec. Do you think a card with fill rate of 1.6 billion/sec would allow Fly to be run at maximum? This upgrading video cards can be costly .... and never-ending! ..... but ahhhhh .... we do it in search of the unattainable!?Many thanks for your suggestions.Brian

Guest tonyc

If you provide us with the name and model of your video card, we can advise you on what you can expect from FLY2. Also let us know what cpu you have.tony

Guest 3cffts

Thanks Tony,I will do that. With so many variables that can be changed it is hard to know what change is most beneficial while degrading performance the least. Many thanks for your help. Brian.