Sign in to follow this  
Guest laurentC

Couple of queries on the Seneca V

Guest andrewluck

First the fatal one:With the Seneca files (specifically Glass_Cockpit_1-v1.4.dll) in place Fly! doesn't start. Once the screeen has flooded red I get a couple of minutes of HDD activity then the following message:Fatal error caused by .DLL "modulesplGlass_Cockpit_1-v1.4.dll" in DLLStartSituation.Commenting out the dll in question removes this error. I've been through the readme a couple of times and everything appears to be in the correct place. I've downloaded the glass cockpit update as well.Any clues?Secondly, the new dynparts.txt file appears to have dropped information for other aircraft apart from the P51. Is there a complete version of this file available.RegardsAndrew Luck18 miles SW EGSH

Guest laurentC

Hi Andrew,Well, for the first question I need to watch what can have failed in the culprit module (and thereby understand what is wrong with your installation) because I never eard of this problem before despite many users... for the latter there is a easily response : the dynpart.txt scripts can be adapted by users. That is, you can add or remove any block of instruction within. Thus, you can copy the senecaV instructions blocks and paste them in your former dynpart script text. Just remember to modify the total block number at the very beginning of the file.I changed my mind with this dynpart txt file and in a new version I prepared specilized dynpart txt that can be podded in the aircraft pod itself.Cheers,Laurent

Guest dajackman

I also have the starting problem. If I start her up and fly around for a few minutes, land and shut her down, the start engine buttons don't work. If I switch to another airplane, and switch back, it works. No real biggie....

Guest laurentC

Hi,I can't tell, but the second problem seems to me much related to the battery drain. We have developped an electrical system that may produce some electrical failures ... thus ... ?Cheers,Laurent

Guest andrewluck

LaurentSorry for the delay in getting back to you. Work was rather frantic last week.These are the locations I have the various files in. I've listed the modules folder in full:f:fly!2aircraftseneca V_v1.podf:fly!2aircraftstuffGlassCkpt_NAV_V10.podf:fly!2Saved Simulationsrotw_fpl.sitf:fly!2systemairpvarmag.podf:fly!2modulespcAC_default_autobrake.dllAC_default_autothrottle.dllapmonitor.dlldauphin.dllDynamicModel_10.dllDYNAMICPARTS_V20.DLLdynparts.txtead2.dlleadi.dlledc2.dlledcp.dllehs2.dllehsi.dllFS_SCNRY.DLL.aplfs_scnry.logFS_SCNRY.TXTGLASS_COCKPIT_1-v1.4.dll.aplMiniPNL_SHIFT_X.dllNightModel_v2.0.dllP51GaugeADF.dllP51GaugeCOM.dllP51GMETER.dllP51HydSyst.dllP51RadioADF.dllP51RadioCOM.dllP51RadioCOMSB.dllP51RadioTransp.dllP51_PRIMER.dllP51_SuperCharger.dllPMDG75767AirspeedBugGauge.dllPMDG75767Animator.dllPMDG75767epr.dllPMDG75767IASMACH.dllPMDG75767lEICAS.dllPMDG75767ND.dllPMDG75767PFD.dllPMDG75767RMIDME.dllPMDG75767sMCP.dllPMDG75767sound.dllPMDG75767uEICAS.dllPMDG777autobrake.dllPMDG777backADI.dllPMDG777epr.dllPMDG777flaps.dllPMDG777IASMACH.dllPMDG777ND.dllPMDG777pECP.dllPMDG777pECS.dllPMDG777PFD.dllPMDG777sound.dllPMDG777synT.dllPMDG777TAT.dllPMDG7x7autobrake.dllPMDGAirSpeed.dllPMDGATSD.dllPMDGFMC.dllPMDGgDSP.dllPMDGgKNB.dllPMDGSpoilerAxisController.dllROTW_230_v-1.0.dllROTW_PA_v10.dllSENECA_V_RadioADFGauge.dllSENECA_V_RadioComGauge.dllSENECA_V_RadioNavGauge.dllSENECA_V_RadioXpdrGauge.dllsf34.dllSquawkBox.dllTBM_FuelTemp.dllTBM_Inertial_Sep_v2.dllTBM_TorqueGauge.dllI've been through the readme file again as I compiled this list and still can't see anything wrong. Any clues?RegardsAndrew Luck18 miles SW EGSH

Guest andrewluck

Just for information this is now fixed.The problem was an incompatibility between my StickWorks F22 joystick driver and WinXP SP2. Updating the driver has fixed it.:-jumpy :-jumpy :-jumpy Andrew Luck18 miles SW EGSH

Guest laurentC

Good !It was hard to find out anyway ...Cheers,laurent (rotw)

Guest YV52C

Dear LaurentI was triying to check magnetos before take off and could not start the engine again , can you fix it?rgdsCesar/VenezuelaYV52

Guest andrewluck

LaurentNot as fixed as I thought. I still had the glass cockpit dll renamed so it wasn't running. I shall have to look at this some more as the rest of Fly! is working fine.RegardsAndrew Luck18 miles SW EGSH

Guest laurentC

Hi all,Well, I'm a little bit lost ! You said you renamed the dll thus it doesn't run ... In fact, you can rename dll if you want, but the callbacks are still there ! You can see that with the Ctrl+T key that lists all the running dlls.I'll see in the dll if there's something wrong for that specific callback (starting) and let you know.For the magnetos I'll report that problem to the team ...Cheers,Laurent

Guest laurentC

I checked out the dll and all the Starting callback actally does is to load airport, navaid and waypoints magnetic variations ... thus the pb should be there.Try to see if your airp varmag pod is not corrupted ...Cheers,Laurent

Guest andrewluck

LaurentSorry for the confusion. I really thought I'd got it fixed before I noticed that the dll was still renamed as a .xxxTried extracting the files from airp varmag and putting them in the database folder (do I need t.txt as well?). Also, renaming the rotw .sit file. Both actions had no effect.All the PMDG 757/777 stuff is still working. One thing that is different with my installation is that it's installed on drive F.Don't put too much effort into this as it's only me with this problem and I can still fly the airplane.RegardsAndrew Luck18 miles SW EGSH

Guest laurentC

Hi Andrew,The disk position isn't important : A thing you can do if you've time and disk space ...Install a new Fly! out of the box, update it to 240 version, then add the seneca and all the stuff related ...This way you should be able 1) to see if it works (it would be a shame to renounce of it)2) to compare between installations and see where's the pbCheers,laurent

Guest laurentC

... another thing :Try to remove this dll ... maybe there's a conflict with them as I worked also with them and perhaps have some unID that is alike ?!?apmonitor.dllead2.dlleadi.dlledc2.dlledcp.dllehs2.dllehsi.dllsf34.dllCheers,Laurent

Guest andrewluck

LaurentShould have some time this weekend for a fresh install. In the meantime, I've cleared the modulespc folder of everything except the Seneca stuff and still get the error.Andrew Luck18 miles SW EGSH