Sign in to follow this  
Guest danieletona

Scen Gen Test

Guest Steve Brown

Laurent kindly sent to me and Tony a test file, for the new Scen Gen.My Computer is a 1.8 cpu, 1 gig ram, and this is how it looks so far!http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/94279.jpg http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/94282.jpg http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/94284.jpg Im working on more buildings tonight and over the next weeks so keep a lookout for more updates.SteveF2FDesign

Guest danieletona

WOW! Extraordinary!To when the publication? :-jumpyDaniele

Guest Steve Brown

Hi Daniele :-) This is just the first test, but Laurent will keep you up to date with the work he is doing. My part is the making of the models. This was made with a limited amount of models, some of them are not realy good for the next Scen Gen, (slightly to high poly) but it gives us an idea of how things will look.Im also making flat objects which Laurent will do a magic trick with :-) At the moment I can only make these of a night after the little one has gone to bed, and I have finished painting 3 of the rooms in our cottage. But, its great fun having a part in this project.Steve (F2FDesign)

Guest danieletona

Hi Steve,if you need a help for the realization of the models I am to your disposition.Contact me to:danieletona@virgilio.itDaniele

Guest laurentC

Hi all,Another idea to test today : the dll add only objects "shapes" at hight distance. This way we have a general sight that can simulate a landscape with buildings (or other things) while the poly number can be adjusted at his lowes rate, that is a single sheet with picture (mid opaque mid transparent) in it. Besides, if we don't care about tha hidden side we can have only one side drawn then the better object in fps terms !Cheers,LaurentC

Guest laurentC

Hi all,We are still trying to allow easily downloads in our simvol site in order to place here links ... but in the meantime I propose to you to make some autogen test if you wish, and animate the debate ... that is : how to improve (if we can) the autogen feature, and what do we need or want.The test file attached gives you all you need to be ready. Just remember where you copy the files in order to always, really always (mark my words), remove them as the test is finished. This way you shouldn't have alien files around, eh, eh !The test deals with the lowest shape object you can ever found around : a mere grey 64x64 textured rectangle.The idea is to use many and many shaped objects (mid opaque mid transparent) to poll an area and render an environment : urban, rustic, farm areas etc ... instead of having few detailed objects.I made some tests with the same rctangle but 256x256 textured and I could see many buildings in the KSFO area while I was still on the runway ... but my 3D card can't cope with so many objects. I reduce the texture to 64x64 and the things were better ... but "buldings" were invisible so far ! I let you try with 128x128 or any combination you can think of.Maybe at the end the solution will be to prepare different textured objects set and let one choose the one that better fits is 3d card.Please read the "ReadMe.txt" included for details and give us some feedback if you wish as how to improve the project or how to adjust this or this other thing. Also shaped objects can be tested : you just need to name them like the SMF file included.Cheers,laurent (rotw)

Guest tonyc

Laurent,For this test I've removed all of Steve's models, but when loading FLY2 I see that the program is still looking for Steve's models.I have removed all references to Steve's models in the art and model folder. Am I missing something?Tony

Guest tonyc

Never mind, Laurent. I noticed that your zip file has "paths", so these files created their own folder. tony

Guest laurentC

Hi Tony and all,I verified the dll and its id is ScenGen_test_v0.0.dll 16/10/04 10:37Mounted in Fly! it gives me no pb.Maybe you've an previous dll in your modules/pc folder ... ?A good (?) new for the people who want to make the first tests we made with previous dll (such the one used for Steve's pictures) : simvol managers (Ren