Sign in to follow this  
Guest danieletona

Scen Gen Test

Guest laurentC

Hi Steve and all,Your building model is ok : What we need to test is very low poly models (like sheets), one side textured 64x64 (?), using opaque and transparent areas (if needed) instead of points to define the borders, thus with alpha channel inside.The trick is to adjust the model to get the better feeling, let say, about 1000-2000 ft AGL.SuperQuick did a great job with models : Bj

Guest laurentC

Hi again,I prepared an example. Say, you have a nice rectangle, the one I used in the test for instance, named "building_shape.smf" : btw you can see it has both sides textured, but you can prepare one with only one side textured to save poly nodes. Now, the tif file used is just a ugly grey in the test, with no alpha channel. If you copy the tif attached here below, with alpha channel and nice (?) colors, in the art folder, you'll have the rendering shown in the picture attached. Besides my artistic skills that are not in the balance, you can see that it's easy to prepare any kind of object : just draw in a rectangle sized with the object dimensions.Cheers,laurent (rotw)

Guest laurentC

Hi Steve,Eh, eh ! A lot better !Autogen is basically related to the tile type but we can add an extra level of selection with the coordinates or the season (or both, why not ?). This way same tiles in different region would have different objects ... but this suppose a huge amount of objects.Cheers,laurent

Guest tonyc

You are a very dangerous pilot, Steve.tony

Guest Oscar Tritt

Those poor animals nearly getting a ride, :-lol

Guest Steve Brown

Hahahaha :-lol And I was drinking Stella too ;-) Steve hick... hick...

Guest laurentC

Hi all,Great we can now take a departure point with vegetation : let me install that in the dll (not only point to the models, but make an internal algorithm) and we'll keep going for new tests ! Cheers,Laurent

Guest danieletona

Hi,I am without words!!Steve & Laurent: GREAT!:-beerchug