Sign in to follow this  
Guest tonyc

New Trees

Guest laurentC

Hi all,Thanks Steve for all your work : by my side I just take the Steve's 256 x256 tifs files and resized them to 64x64. The models are always transparent and the video card "counts" them in the 64 slot. Obviously we lost precision but with FS we did the same. Some guy transformed all the 128x128 and 256x256 bmp in 64x64 and the increased fps number was really incredible with slow machines like mine.That was a really good trick ...Cheers,LaurentC

Guest tonyc

My error, Steve. I meant, as Laurent said, 64 x 64 size.tony

Guest Steve Brown

Hi :-) Thanks guys and no problem Tony. I just started wishing I had your puter :-lol Anyway, I have made some of the trees in 64X64 format making them into 3 sizes each 30ft,60ft & 90ft in hight. Below you see 256X256 and 64X64 quality is indeed lost but the frame rates are much better. http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/94864.jpg For those who love the Helicopters and need high quality trees, this will come in the new "STEVES MODELS V2" Ready after Christmas (Sorry)Im back at NASA the first 2 weeks in December ;-) I hope to have the test 64X64 trees ready for monday, computer willing and put them on my website for easy download. Using Alex`s idea also I will make a couple of tree clusters. I tried to make some models on the laptop but I hate the damn thing :-lolTake care, Steve.My Websitehttp://www.wrexhamspace.orghttp://www.wrexhamspace.org/Steves%20Card.jpg

Guest laurentC

Good news, Steve : so let's wait for monday and try to start to pool the forest landscape.Remember we have in Fly! (and other sims too, obviusly) several ground types for forests : from the thicked ones to the very sparse ones, from the luxurious ones to the barren ones ...I'll put the complete forest list we have to cope with in this post later.Cheers,laurent (rotw)

Guest laurentC

Hi all,Here below the generic textures. As you can see several ones ares typed for forest.When preparing trees (or other models), let me know which texture your model is intended for and even if the same model can be used for multiple textures...Cheers, TERRAIN_WATER_OCEAN = 12, TERRAIN_ICE_CRACKED_GLACIERS = 13, TERRAIN_SNOW = 59, TERRAIN_MOUNTAIN_FOREST_CALIFORNIA = 60, TERRAIN_TOWNS_MIDEAST = 61, TERRAIN_CITY_USA = 101, TERRAIN_GRASS_SCRUB_LIGHT = 102, TERRAIN_FOREST_MIXED_SCRUB = 104, TERRAIN_FOREST_MIXED = 105, TERRAIN_MOUNTAIN_FOREST_GREEN = 106, TERRAIN_GRASS_SCRUB_LIGHT_2 = 107, TERRAIN_DESERT_BARREN = 108, TERRAIN_TUNDRA_UPLAND = 109, TERRAIN_GRASS_SCRUB_LIGHT_3 = 110, TERRAIN_DESERT_SCRUB_LIGHT = 111, TERRAIN_SNOW_HARD_PACKED = 112, TERRAIN_EURO_CITY_ENGLAND_HEAVY = 113, TERRAIN_SHRUB_EVERGREEN = 116, TERRAIN_SHRUB_DECIDUOUS = 117, TERRAIN_CITY_HEAVY_ASIAN = 118, TERRAIN_FOREST_EVERGREEN_W_DARK_FIELDS = 119, TERRAIN_RAINFOREST_TROPICAL_MIXED = 120, TERRAIN_CONIFER_BOREAL_FOREST = 121, TERRAIN_COOL_CONIFER_FOREST = 122, TERRAIN_EURO_FOREST_TOWNS = 123, TERRAIN_FOREST_RIDGES_MIXED = 124, TERRAIN_EURO_FOREST_DARK_TOWNS = 125, TERRAIN_SUBURB_USA_BROWN = 126, TERRAIN_CONIFER_FOREST = 127, TERRAIN_FOREST_YELLOWED_AFRICAN = 128, TERRAIN_SEASONAL_RAINFOREST = 129, TERRAIN_COOL_CROPS = 130, TERRAIN_CROPS_TOWN = 131, TERRAIN_DRY_TROPICAL_WOODS = 132, TERRAIN_RAINFOREST_TROPICAL = 133, TERRAIN_RAINFOREST_DEGRADED = 134, TERRAIN_FARM_USA_GREEN = 135, TERRAIN_RICE_PADDIES = 136, TERRAIN_HOT_CROPS = 137, TERRAIN_FARM_USA_MIXED = 138, TERRAIN_EURO_FARM_FULL_MIXED = 139, TERRAIN_COOL_GRASSES_W_SHRUBS = 140, TERRAIN_HOT_GRASSES_W_SHRUBS = 141, TERRAIN_COLD_GRASSLAND = 142, TERRAIN_SAVANNA_WOODS = 143, TERRAIN_SWAMP_BOG = 144, TERRAIN_MARSH_WETLAND = 145, TERRAIN_MEDITERRANEAN_SCRUB = 146, TERRAIN_DRY_WOODY_SCRUB = 147, TERRAIN_DRY_EVERGREEN_WOODS = 148, TERRAIN_SUBURB_USA = 149, TERRAIN_DESERT_SAND_DUNES = 150, TERRAIN_SEMI_DESERT_SHRUB = 151, TERRAIN_SEMI_DESERT_SAGE = 152, TERRAIN_MOUNTAIN_ROCKY_TUNDRA_SNOW = 153, TERRAIN_MIXED_RAINFOREST = 154, TERRAIN_COOL_FIELDS_AND_WOODS = 155, TERRAIN_FOREST_AND_FIELD = 156, TERRAIN_COOL_FOREST_AND_FIELD = 157, TERRAIN_FIELDS_AND_WOODY_SAVANNA = 158, TERRAIN_THORN_SCRUB = 159, TERRAIN_SMALL_LEAF_MIXED_FOREST = 160, TERRAIN_MIXED_BOREAL_FOREST = 161, TERRAIN_NARROW_CONIFERS = 162, TERRAIN_WOODED_TUNDRA = 163, TERRAIN_HEATH_SCRUB = 164, TERRAIN_EURO_FULL_GREEN_3 = 165, TERRAIN_AUSTRALIAN_CITY = 166, TERRAIN_CITY_HEAVY_BRAZIL = 167, TERRAIN_CITY_HEAVY_USA = 168, TERRAIN_POLAR_DESERT = 169, TERRAIN_EURO_TOWNS = 170, TERRAIN_CITY_MIDDLE_EASTERN_HEAVY = 171, TERRAIN_TUNDRA_BOG = 172, TERRAIN_EURO_FARM_FULL_MIXED_2 = 176, TERRAIN_TOWNS_ASIAN = 177, TERRAIN_ICE_CRACKED_SNOW = 178, TERRAIN_EURO_FARM_FOREST = 179, TERRAIN_FARM_USA_BROWN = 180, TERRAIN_FARM_MIDDLE_EASTERN_W_FOREST = 181, TERRAIN_DESERT_BRUSH_REDDISH = 182, TERRAIN_FARM_MIDDLE_EASTERN = 183, TERRAIN_EURO_FARM_FULL_MIXED_3 = 184, TERRAIN_EURO_FARM_FULL_GREEN_2 = 185, TERRAIN_MOUNTAIN_ROCKY_SNOW = 186, TERRAIN_MOUNTAIN_FOREST_LIGHT = 187, TERRAIN_GRASS_MEADOW = 188, TERRAIN_MOIST_EUCALYPTUS = 189, TERRAIN_RAINFOREST_HAWAIIAN = 190, TERRAIN_WOODY_SAVANNA = 191, TERRAIN_BROADLEAF_CROPS = 192, TERRAIN_GRASS_CROPS = 193, TERRAIN_CROPS_GRASS_SHRUBS = 194, TERRAIN_GRASSLAND = 225, TERRAIN_DESERT_SAVANAH_AFRICAN = 255

Guest tonyc

I guess the question is: will the 64 x 64 tiles blend in FLY2's generic textures better? We may not want the details of the 256 because they will stand out like isolated objects in a blurry landscape. I suspect it will be a balancing act one we have enough models.tony

Guest Steve Brown

For the purposes of Autogen Im sure that will be true Tony. :-) Laurent, my understanding of these textures is non existent :-lol so I will leave you to slot the trees to where you think they should belong. I have downloaded enough textures of trees to cover most needs. I must have about 30 or so ;-) All the best, Steve.