Sign in to follow this  
Guest laurentC

Autogen development : question

Guest laurentC

Hi all,The question is : which direction shall we take next ? I mean, when we'll have many objects to display, what kind of autogen do you want ? An o'matic that do all the settings by himself, letting pilots just concerned by flight process, or do you want an autogen with many setting to play with, as map objects, types, position, relations, geographic variations, etcThe respponse will be useful for the next development : do I need to install a parser or do I need to think about algorithms ?Cheers,Laurent (rotw)http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/94844.gif

Guest Fly II Pilot

Steve,What may work even better is if you create clusters of trees that use the same texture and let autogen treat the cluster as a single object. Same thing with houses and other buildings. You could different parts of the same texture for different houses.Just an idea...http://www.avsim.com/hangar/fly/dfdg/banneraa.jpg

Guest Fly II Pilot

Laurent,I'm not that familiar with the options provided by MSFS when it cames to its autogen. I guess it would be nice to be able to select the density of buildings, the distance and altitude at which objects become visible (or pop up), maybe the textures resolution (using different sets of objects), the level of detail starting with buildings only and then adding trees, vehicles, people, animals, etc.Regarding the placement of objects, would it be possible to use external files such as LULC or other formats to determine where and what kind of objects should be placed? That would address the issue of buildings in the water and maybe even provide a way to place vehicles over roads... just dreaming (since it's free)... ;-)Just my 2 cents...http://www.avsim.com/hangar/fly/dfdg/banneraa.jpg

Guest Steve Brown

Yes thats a good idea Alex.I did this once before for one of my Wales scenery files.Cheers.Steve

Guest HeliFLYer

Alejandro, just to add to your post .. .. and that could solve the satellite and terrascene problem (user textures) as we have many user-created areas with these!Besides this, wonderful work until now, I made some tests, nothing to report what isn't said already by other FLYers!ThanksGeorg HeliFLYer EDDW

Guest laurentC

Ok : thanks folks !I still keep collecting responses for a while and sum them up to see what we'll do ...Clusters are a great idea : see what has be done yet by quickgen program and Dolanec objects.All you sayd yet, sounds fantastic and I hope we'll come up with all the issues, eh, eh !Amy other suggestion ?Cheers,Laurent (rotw)