Sign in to follow this  
Guest laurentC

Voice Command to test ...

Guest laurentC

Hi all,I put together 3 programs and I obtained a very basic voice command utility that can be used with fly!http://rotw.simvol.org/beta/ (dont miss the last '/')102004_AVSIM_VOICE_COMMAND_TEST_V10.zipThe design goals were simple : change fly! internals and externals views with UP-DOWN-LEFT-RIGHT voice commands.In fact the program triggers keystrokes at command, then you can easily imagine that "UP" does a Ctrl+up_arrow command ... etcDue to my bad english spell and a very old microphone, I'm not sure if the test works or not and even if it deserves to be developped or not (it changes views but I do need to say UP ... UP ... UP and UP until something appens !)Also for people like me I added a xml file that can be adjusted according what the program reads in place of your UP and DOWN ...Just modify the worlds accordingly.The program works with XP family (the MS Speech engine from MS Web site needs to be installed with W98 : see there) and uses the MS Speech SDK engine 5.1 that is already installed with XP, thus almost this part should work ...Hope this idea deserves to have a future ...Cheers,laurentC (rotw)

Guest laurentC

Yes,Unfortunally the technique has to be adjusted mainly because recognize feature isn't installed by default with XP or W2000 as I thought initially (I've the complete SDK : 60 Mb downloaded) and because I've only the english version and it hardly recognizes my accent !!!If anyone want to test this up to date technologies : go to the MS site indicated in the note and install the sdk speech version (if you don't need the sdk stuff you can remove it later anyway).Cheers,Laurent

Hi, Laurent.I tried testing it and I was not able to get it to work either. I know my Speech engine recognition works because I can use it with the freeware

Guest laurentC

Hi AvComWare,Hey ! Great ! That was exactly the kind of stuff I was trying to make ... furthermore the example commands you sent let me see this is the same technology I was working with ... then thank you : you save me a lot of time, eh, eh !I'm not sure this feature is well known around here : maybe you should post a message in this forum to tell this information to anybody who can be interested of ...Thanks again,Cheers,laurent

Hi Laurent. I told everyone about it about 2 years ago, but I am not much of a salesman. I forgot to mention this is Open source, if decide to pursue it I will try to contact Billy and see if he can request access to the FSUIPC for the other sim. This new Sendkey that you have maybe more efficient, if true we can adapt some of the existing Phrases to the new one. TV

Guest laurentC

Hi,I tried it this morning and it works really well : some commands are useless like the pan camera outside the aircraft because it changes only a few degrees by time (for a phrase), then a complete round would need to call for it almost 180 times ! ... but others are really cool. I rather prefer those concerning the internal views and the windows calls : this way I can have them and continue to control the joystick altogether.The SendKey dlls I prepared are exactly the same thing and are mounted with the same windows API 32 technique: in place of a call you switch a button in the panel ... Cheers,Laurent