Sign in to follow this  
Guest chezz

AutoGen test # 7

Guest laurentC

Hi all,I installed some priority flags in the data file in order to select which model will be affected by the autoHide feature (some are hidden and some are not within the autohide radius ini set) and which model are still visible above 15000 ft avoiding all the rendering work and poly count for models quite invisible at hight alt.With this 2 flags we can set the rendering distance of the tiles templates adding some extra fps when possible.Also : Do you remember the popBuildingIntoView ini settings with fly!1 ? Well, here we can do the same (a note is included in the zip)and add a lot of fps with the low end PC like mines ...110204_AVSIM_AUTOGEN_TEST_V10.zip always in :in http://rotw.simvol.org/beta/ don't miss the '/' after betaCheers,laurent (rotw)

Guest tonyc

Laurent,This is what I get with the latest autogen. Are the models in the water fixed?tony

Guest laurentC

Uh !Poor me ! Yes they were intended to be settled in almost 80-90 % cases, eh, eh ! Where did you encounter this (approx lat and lon)?I found also objects in water but mainly in small lakes (here it's roughly predictable whether you're in water or not) and along very saw-like coasts ...Cheers,Laurent

Guest laurentC

Hi all,Another point of interest is that we can see with the models tested that the best results are obtained with group (or blocks) of objects models (like NY series)instead of single objects (except for very big objects)... bushes are quite invisible if you don't fly at ground level !Nevertheless, this blocks need to be small (64x64 i.e.) to avoid pb with non levelled grounds.Cheers,Laurent

Guest tonyc

I don't remember exactly. If it isn't Ksfo, it's Cleveland , Ohio. I think the fps issue is resolved; now it's the effects....tony

Guest chezz

Hi Laurent,I'm getting a good FPS too, I have'nt encountered any object in the water yet while flying in KSFO area. chris_CA