Sign in to follow this  
Guest dajackman

CH's new throttle quadrant works great with Fly!II

Just thought I'd put a plug in for CH's throttle quadrant. Six levers that can be configured any way you want. Note: when you pull the levers to their detents and then back behind the detents they activate buttons, when you go to assign the axes you have to make sure that the levers are in a centered position otherwise the assignment menu will pick up the buttons being pushed and try to assign them (makes for an interesting first flight!). The full travel is utilized in Fly!II so you cannot assign reverse thrust as can be done in MS land... not a big deal, just assign the switch below to toggle reverse and wa la.Makes flying all of the twins (ROTW's Seneca being a favorite) a real pleasure and although it has been many years since I have flown a real twin (my budget dictates flying singles :( ) I think the flight dynamics are much more realistic in Fly!II than MS's offering.ZaneBTW: I am still plugging away on the maps when I have time... L1 is complete, I will attempt to upload soon.

Dr Zane Gard

Posted Image

Sr Staff Reviewer AVSIM

Private Pilot ASEL since 1986 IFR 2010

AOPA 00915027

American Mensa 100314888

Guest dajackman

Hey zfehr. I am ready to purchase this. Does this come with handles for both the twin and jet configurations, or are these seperate products. Looking at their web site the part numbers are the same. Thanks for testing this out for us!!

Guest dajackman

Oh, and I forgot to ask were you got it. Amazon.com has it for $150 but it is out of stock. Thanks again!

Howdy Dajackman,I ordered it back in February this year from FlightsimCentral for under 150 and then waited... and waited... and waited till its severely delayed release. The website is a bit confusing as it shows two types of quadrants when there really is only one. It comes with four black round handles, two red knurled handles and two blue rectangular handles. These easily pull off and can be switched to any of the positions. It is truly a hoot to fly the Seneca with the ability to control the engines properly. You get the sounds of a twin, engine out seems more realistic than MSFS is presently capable of (I still think the single engine climb is optimistic). VMC is not simulated well (haven't found a sim that does a nice job with this). Would love to see a twin engine simulated that would properly show loss of rudder control when you get too slow and especially show the violent behaviour that gunning the good engine when slow can do... a Navajo can flip on its back in a couple seconds if you get it into this configuration.Have fun with your new toy :)Zane

Dr Zane Gard

Posted Image

Sr Staff Reviewer AVSIM

Private Pilot ASEL since 1986 IFR 2010

AOPA 00915027

American Mensa 100314888

Guest dajackman

Cool, thanks. Added to my Christmas list!!