Sign in to follow this  
Guest tonyc

Autogen test Update # 11

Guest laurentC

Hi all,I prepared a template scengen file with new Steve's trees. I think the best rendering result is with forests even though single trees are good for farm areas ... and palms for tropics, eh, eh !I also noticed that I was having hard time work with all the templates scengen files to test : copy, past, rename, put in data folder, save previous one, add trees, remove them, etc ...I then add to the dll a button to select a scengen template file on the fly. This way, test are made easy to do, but it also allows several scengen templates files in the data folder and choose one according to the mood, the area of interest (we can have USA files, EU files etc and this saves fps !!!), or the plane we currently fly.Depending on the plane poly and systems, the fps can be low or hight : then if you have for the same area, templates with low or hight model number, you can save fps and get autogen anyway.In short, this feature adds another level for customized autogen sets.Cheers,110904_AVSIM_AUTOGEN_TEST_V10.zipin http://rotw.simvol.org/beta/ don't miss the '/' after betahttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/96866.gif

Guest tonyc

Laurent,I've begun to experience some anomalies regarding FLY2 keys assignments. They seem to disappear or act erratically. For example, I lost my "brake" assignement; then while flying I could not use the trim, etc. It's not a total loss of the key assignments but something funny is happening. In fact, at one point the plane was in acceleration mode....I don't know if there anything going on with the autogen dll, but I will remove it to test this anomaly. It started only when I installed autogen 10. I don't know if something happened to my computer that would make this happen.I will let you know.tony

Guest laurentC

Hum ... ! This happened to me too, but didn't payed much attention to it because this occurred since I installed Fly!II regularly.Sometimes some keys disappear and I need to set them again ... I finally have saved the control files and load it again every often ...I don't think this particular dll be involved in such an anomaly because as I sayd this happened ages before, and there isn't anything inside it linked to controls (or to read and write ini file can disturb Fly! in any way ???)... but I'll give it another check-in ... the point is that you should have uniques ID for every features and it can happen you choose an unID yet used elsewhere ... and there's not way to be aware of ! But it deserves to verify ...Cheers,laurent

Guest tonyc

You are correct in pointing out that this is an old problem. It may be coincidental that for many months the key file remained uncorrupted. It started just a few weeks ago and, as you know, when you work with the program regularily, you become very familiar with its features and anomalies. But as I said, we'll keep an eye on it--just in case. tony

Guest HeliFLYer

Hi,I had (and still have) the same problem over the last year - sometimes stabil for months, sometimes in short intervall. As it is only one of some strange FLY!2 faults I went the easy way - made a backup of the key-file.Might be this error is triggered by Autogen dll but I also know it from the time BEFORE!Georg HeliFLYer EDDW

Guest laurentC

Hi all,I just have made some minor fixes in the dll and added in the ini file three values to play with : altitude range for hiding, fps limit, and airport protected radius where models aren't displayed. The latter was due to a pb with small airports that have sometimes models in the runways thresholds !Cheers,laurent (rotw)111004_AVSIM_AUTOGEN_TEST_V10.zipin http://rotw.simvol.org/beta/ don't miss the '/' after beta

Guest laurentC

Hi all,Another very little improvement : I added a new item in the fly.ini in order to toggle between an autogen enabled at startup or not ... this way you're not forced to shut it down every time you don't want to use it ! ... and you can keep it quietly in the pc subfolder, eh, eh !Cheers,laurent111104_AVSIM_AUTOGEN_TEST_V10.zipin http://rotw.simvol.org/beta/ don't miss the '/' after beta