Sign in to follow this  
Guest laurentC

Autogen test # 12

Guest laurentC

Hi all,I made some improvements (?) in the dll code and modified the altitude flag in the templates files in order to have several hide altitude levels. Small objects like single houses, barns and things that size... are really small (and useless) above some thousand feet. You can then divide the main ini altitude with a value for every rendered object.Other improvements are related to the management of huge files or huge templates for tile textures. Maybe you won't notice the difference right now but I tested it with huge files and the benefit is real... I also put a template for the TERRAIN_FARM_USA_GREEN with a lot of Steve's trees placed at fixed positions. If you take off from Bluffton (5G7) in OHIO you should be able to make a complete round and landing taking the trees groups as visual references. This file was made also to test the fixed position management.Finally I tested the autogen with Wayne airports and have nothing to say except that both scenes complete each other seamlessly...but : many thanks Wayne for all your airports, eh, eh !111304_AVSIM_AUTOGEN_TEST_V10.zipin http://rotw.simvol.org/beta/ don't miss the '/' after betaCheers,laurent (rotw)http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/97260.gif

Guest tonyc

Laurent, this is what I wanted on a snowy day , her ein New England. Thanks.tony

Guest tonyc

I decided to add my Electra to this wonderful autogen at 5g7, Ohio.tony

Guest laurentC

Hey ! Great pictures indeed !There's a kind of "atmosphere" out there ! Vintage and pretty farm land ...Now that I started to play with autogen, I must say, I barely can fly again in desolate lands ... and this pics show why !BTW, I don't know you, but I think the best models are those that group together some models ... they can be seen far enough either in low levels and hight levels. Dave's NYC models are a real good example. Cheers,laurent

Guest Jiw

You'll find desolate lands as soon as you fly over Terrascene or custom maps like LA. Any plans for getting AutoGen to work with these?Fantastic work so far! Tried it for the first time today. :)- John Ivan

Guest laurentC

Sure ! I think that should be done too (don't know how yet!) : but I prefer to settle first the settings for gentex then move in user sceneries.Cheers,laurent