Sign in to follow this  
Guest tonyc

PMDG 757 moving with just Gen running

Guest desmondw

Hi All, I don't know if anyone else has this phenonema happen to them, but when I am parked doing my flight prep I notice that the Lat. Lon. for my plane are perfectly still before I start the APU. But after it is running the Lat. Lon. both start counting, with the consequence that when the 757 is parked at an airport gate you have catastrophic damage & see from the ouside camara that you have all of a sudden managed to get the nose wheel on top of the gate!!!Any idea's? Thanks Desmond

Guest desmondw

Back again with a further test to the above. I went back into the 757 & tried to do a preflight, getting route into FMC etc. but this time I only used external power, no APU, & again while doing this after about 15-20 minutes I noticed the Lat. Lon. was counting. The weather conditions had not changed, the brake was still on. I guess the best work around this is not to park at a gate, or be pushed back within a short period of time.Any idea's or observations on this would be aprieciated.Thanks Desmond

Guest desmondw

Hi All, as a follow up to this I have been experimenting all week & I now know what is the trigger for this!If the fuel levels are changed the count starts. I have found that I can stop this by moving the total fuel slider down to zero, then take the fuel levels up to between 41 & 59% using the left & right tank sliders only, if the total fuel slider is moved or if the centre tank slider is moved the count begins & can only be stopped by going through this procedure again. Any Idea's on a fix or work around?Thanks Desmond

Guest tonyc

The FLY2 models are responsive to load. If the center of gravity is way off, the models start moving on their own. However, this is tied to a file and a setting that belongs to those who know how to tweak models. I don't have the time, but if you want to, here's what you do:1. unpod the pMDG aircraft model.2. extract and open the svh file3. look for the line4. the line will have numbers like 0,0, 2.3 right below it5. the last number ( you'll find no more than three separated by a comma)alters che center of gravity 6. MAKE SURE THAT YOU BACK UP THIS FILE, LEAVING IT AS YOU FIND IT BEFORE YOU MAKE ANY CHANGES.7. First try making big changes, like from 2.3 to 3.3 and see what happens. Most likely, the airplane will crash. But do this first by adding and than by subtracting from the original number. 8. Soon, you will see the plane rolling as soon as you hit a number that does not make the model crash( when you start fly), but makes it move in a direction--it can be forward or backwards.9.From here, you start making very small changes until the plane stops moving.10. When you change this setting, your center of gravity slider in FLY2 will be affected.11. Simply remember that the change that the PMDG model may need may be a small fraction of what is currently . You can then tweak it in very small increments or decrements. Don't forget that you can do such things as 2.01, 2.03--two decimal places. 12. Be sure that your spacing is correct when you're editing.13. Once you've edited the file, place it in the World folder in FLY2. If you don't have a World folder, create it and then place the *.svh file in this folder.14. This file takes precedence over the one in pod, so when you start the program this file is read first and the PMDG plane will have this file.15. If things work your way, you can simply leave this file alone and things will work well.16. If you want to alter the pod, well... why don't you see if you get to this point first.tony

Guest desmondw

Hi Tony, Thankyou so much for your very knowledgable reply, it's a bit over my head but I am going to give it my best shot.Desmond

Guest tonyc

Desmond,It's not difficult if you realize that the pod will remain unchanged. If you succeed in placing the shv file in the world folder, the rest is easy. If you fail, let me know and I'll send you the svh file only. I have the PMDG 757.tony