Sign in to follow this  
Guest Eagle

any way to download the entire Wayne Roberts Collection?

Guest madmax

I think it's positively amazing how much work Wayne Roberts has done with Fly - he's nearly singlehandedly populated the Fly world with airport sceneries! This is one of the main reasons I'm still liking and using FlyII as my main flight sim. Any time I'm interested in Terrascening a new area, I can look and presto, there's a bunch of Wayne Robert's airports already made and ready for download.OTOH, it's quite a daunting proposition to download and install them all individually. Does anyone know if there is there any place on the net to download the whole collection in one big mongo zip file you could just unzip into your Fly directory, just to save all the manual labor of d/l'ing and installing each one individually?

Guest Steve Brown

As far as I know, there is no way of doing this at present. The work Wayne has done is truly amazing, I email Wayne from time to time with ideas and projects, we may both have. He`s not just hard working, he`s a real nice guy too. I think it would be cool if someone could make an exe. file of Waynes scenery to self install. Like what ROTW has done with one of there Aircraft...Just an idea ;-) steveMy Websitehttp://www.wrexhamspace.orgF2FDesign Websitehttp://www.f2fdesign.com/ My Fileshttp://library.avsim.net/search.php?CatID=...&Go=Change+View http://www.wrexhamspace.org/Steves%20Card.jpg

Guest Jake

How can a person get a list of the work Wayne has done?

Guest Eagle

I have given some thought to packaging the scenery, but haven't come up with any useful ideas. Packaging by state was given some thought, but the file would be too large for upload to AVSIM, at least for some of the airports. There is also the problem of going from one state to another and then returning to the same state for more airports. It would require a constant update.I have a spreadsheet with all the airports that I have done. It can be sorted by state or airport, or whatever you want. From time to time I offer to email the list to those wanting it. I would like to find a place to park it so that anyone wanting the list can get it. I could then update as the list grows. Just haven't found a place yet.Anyone with any ideas on this are welcome to reply and all suggestions would be given consideration.

Guest tonyc

Image files, file sharing utility? You could be the host and we could download them with a file sharing utility. I don't know much about these programs, but it may be an idea...tony

Guest Eagle

Thanks, Alejandro, for the offer of a place to put the list. ROTW is welcome to do anything they want with what I have done, but, where do you start and where do you end? Of course I could stop with the airport scenery, but then what would I do.:-lol It would be nice to learn in what part of the U. S. most of the FLY users live. I could then work on airports in that area. Perhaps F2FDesign would like to do a survey on this.:-sun1 No, I would not neglect other parts of the country.