Sign in to follow this  
Guest HeliFLYer

ROTW tutorial satelite scenery

Guest HeliFLYer

Hi Harald,real life is best, isn't it? 160 logged fh - impressing. You are a lucky man, hopefully happy too!All the best for you, I'll send the file after finished work.RegardsGeorg HeliFLYer EDDW

Guest Colins2

Hi Georg,I've tried several versions of Delphi - freebies on magazine disks - but I just can't get to grips with Pascal!There are several 'standard' formulae for datum transformations such as Molodensky, Redfearn, 7 parameter etc. and this doesn't appear to match any of them. I got a lot of info from Australian Government survey sites and universities simply by 'googling'.TerraShape uses the 'Jeeps' (GPS) library for transformations modified slightly for my own needs. It is a 'C' library though.I also have a Redfearn Excel spreadsheet somewhere which is good for single values. The formulae are all visible but are obviously Excel functions.There is also a transformation tool available from the US military called Geotrans which is freeware.If you want to write your own program, I would suggest that the Jeeps library is a great place to browse for formulae.If you have problems finding any of this stuff, drop me a line and I'll get it together for you and email it.RegardsColin

Guest HeliFLYer

Hi Colin,thank you very much for your help. I could find the "Jeeps" library and will have a look at it this evening. Conversion from C/C++ to Delphi is not a problem, I managed it otherwise many times.I got it over the following page, many links to GIS-softwarehttp://freegis.org/index.de.htmlGerman language, but the links might be of interest for some of us working with scenery.When my program is finished I will offer it to all interested FLYers, might be only few. My aim is to make LS7 scenery worldwide (whats about make a FLY!ght over Africa, India?) within some minutes (except downloading, color-improvement and slicing). Not the same quality as Roland is producing, but nice at AGL > 2000 ft. Best regardsGeorg HeliFLYer EDDW