Sign in to follow this  
Guest Chris Wallace

And next........pic

Guest Oscar_Tritt

I just spot it with my eye so whats is it my frind

Guest tonyc

Roger,Are assuming that at one point you will be able to convert the Truspace models into Tri sds? I spent a long time trying to do that, and failed horribly. I simply could not figure out the animation part.Tony

Guest Chris Wallace

Tony, Roger (and others...)I have an exporter for trueSpace 3.2 to TRI's S3D format, which you can then import into the shape editor. There are a couple of glitches with it that I haven't really bothered to work out since it's not being widely used. But I could resurrect it if there is any interest. TrueSpace 3.2 does have all the features you need to create animated aircraft models.Chris WallaceOttawa, Canada

Guest flystudio3di

Interesting new Chris! I think there are a lot of us interested in an updated exporter for truspace 3.2! Also, Can you consider to work to fix the 3dstudio s3d exporter to work in Gmax? Many thanksGiorgio Gnesda

Guest tonyc

HI Chris. There's no doubt that a lack of "export plugins" for some leading design programs is hindering FLY2 development. It would be great to have a Gmax and a True space plugin that worked for TRI. 3d Studio max is too expensive for new comers to get into 3d design for FLY2.Even the Abacus FSDS could use an upgrade.tony

Guest Chris Wallace

Just e-mail me privately Giorgio (anybody else too) and I'll be happy to try to help. I have not made the plugin generally available because there are still problems, and without the proper warnings and guidance it would be more trouble than it's worth.As for gmax or 3DS, there's no way I can help there. I haven't checked in a long while, but I don't think the Gmax SDK is publically available...in fact their entire business model was based on game developers paying exorbitant fees to license the Gmax SDK so that it could be used freely by their (the game developers') customers.Chris WallaceOttawa, Canada

G'day Chris,I downloaded TS2s3d (beta 5) from the fly tools section at Avsim. Will this work??I followed your tutorial as well regarding arranging the heirarchy within TRUESPACE so that everything is a child of the parent part. Anything you can do to help improve the converter would be a huge boon to people wanting to get into modelling for Fly! II. I for onewould dearly appreciate you improving the converter.Roger's law of unification; ( where Newtonian physics meets Quantum Mechanics) :-lol" all individual parts of an assembly must be glued as sibblings to each other ;The assembly (group) thus formed must then be glued as a child to the next highest assembly (group). " Follow that little mantra and everything works fine WITHIN Truespace.Haven't yet tried the converter on it. But according to the tutorial it should work.See pics,Thanks ChrisRoger

Guest flystudio3di

Beautiful plane! congratGiorgio

G'day Tony,Did you get the animation working in Truespace ?? before applying the converter?edit: Did you follow Chri Wallaces tutorial??I haven't done it yet but surely it should be the same as with using max as the animation is carried out by Fly!II applying the frame numbers to the acm file. The Fly! editor creates all that lot.I have the animation (31 frames) working within Truespace so I hope there isn't a problem after conversion. Which name did you enter for say the ailerons in the wng file? The group name or the two individual aileron names.I.m the eternal optimist :-)It's looking very good at the moment so I'll keep pluggin away.Cheers,Roger

Guest tonyc

Roger, Since my trials with TruSpace took place almost a year ago, I don't remember exactly why I could not get a FLY model. I never got to animation; I simply tried to convert the Truespace model into TRI sds format and became worried by the possibility of not being able to go all the way, fiven my inexperience. With 3dmax and the plugins, I knew I'd have a better chance. I think we need Chris Wallace to update the tutorial on FLY! tools and, as he has said, provide a littlbe more assistance to those individuals who are interested in working with TRUE Space. tony