Sign in to follow this  
Guest jjlobo

What's wrong with you (Duplicate from another thread)

Guest Fly II Pilot

Dear fellow Fly!ers,(I posted this again and separately to make sure that you don't miss it)I see that 107 people have read this message. Let's suppose that there are duplicates, do you like 50%? That leaves us with roughly 53 or 54 people, our of which only 9 took the time to respond to the survey. How much of your time does it take? Maybe a minute? After all the time and dedication that Wayne has put into the hundreds of airports that he has created, doesn't he deserve a minute of your time to give him some input or to just say "Thanks Wayne"? We all talk about keeping Fly! alive but it's this kind of reactions (or lack thereof) that really makes me wonder if this is possible, and therefore if it's worthwhile to continue to spend time fixing things, creating aircraft, and developing new techniques to share with you.I guess you don't realize the negative and damaging effect that this has on the addon developers' and desginers' motivation to continue to create free stuff for Fly!, for free, for you.Same thing with the moving lights and the propeller fixes that I recently posted. Several people read it and downloaded them (I can see how many times a file is downloaded from our site), yet only a few of you cared to give some sort of feedback.What's wrong with you?Sincerely,http://www.avsim.com/hangar/fly/dfdg/banneraa.jpg

Alejandro,I waited a few days before replying to the survey.Although I would like more NZ Airports developed for Fly I appreciate that many Fly fans would rather fly elsewhere and just suggested an area of the US where there are still relatively few airports.I was very keen to develop some NZ airports but have found it very difficult to get adequate satellite photos and so try my hand at Fonchy's technique. I hope to take my camera when I have a flight I have been offered in a Tiger Moth and take some photos myself so avoiding the problem of reflections from the windows.I am sure the users of Fly really appreciate the work done by developers. I don't think you should read too much into the fact that they don't reply to a survey.

Guest Colins2

Hi Alex,Yeah, I know the feeling :-)I've also been pretty busy lately and Fly! has only been started to test things that I've been doing.Various people are making European airports, especially in France, Spain and Italy. Steve has done quite a few UK airports as well.How about some Caribbean destinations?It's not a long flight from Florida and would make a nice change.CheersColin

Guest andym

Hi Alejandro,First things first, I must apologise for I regularly lurk on this forum. I have seen members come and go, yet at the same time I have seen the Fly! community hang in there. This sim has its core of followers, which from day to day grow in strength.Secondly, I wish to add, that I, and others that come here appreciate not only your valuable input, but everyone else who have the time and effort to contribute to this sim.I myself wish I had the talent that you guys have. And yes I am guilty of downloading off of this site, and not thanking anybody for their time and effort. I will rectify this in the future, and yes, everyone who has contributed in the past,I alone thankyou.RegardsAndrew

I wouldn't place to much on it - personally, I'm flattered when anyone downloads my stuff. Occasionally, I get a message from someone and enjoy the feedback, but I would guess about 1% of those who download my files ever contact me or make a post about them.As far as your survey is concerned, I haven't had the time to really sit down and think about it yet. I hope the survey will continue to be available for a month or two. Wayne has done a spectacular job of populating the Fly! world with new airport scenery, and it is greatly appreciated. My current work schedule isn't allowing much time for Fly! right now, and I'm also working on my own airports when I have the time.I really appreciate all the new energy that F2F & ROTW have brought into Fly! and am looking forward to downloading your propeller and light updates.

Randall Rocke

You are absolutely right Alejandro.I can make an excuse by saying I was so busy ( indeed I was, with my job AND making things for SIM`s ), but I should have taken some time to say thank you to Andrew and others.So, A big "thank you" to all wich are making FLYII better and moreinteresting every day.And thanks Alejandro for your wisdom.Leen de Jager

forumlogopaintmod.png

"Non licet omnibus volare cum aquilis" (Azzurro)

Visit Flybike-Paints

Alejandro, Wayne and all other developers,I owe you all an appology. I am a wicked and slothful lurker of the forums}(. I download really great stuff you guys take your time to develope and never look back. I'm so very sorry. Oh sometimes I post a little thank you in the forum but that is the very least one can do. Not near good enough.;(I did download the prop fixes but have not had a chance to fly since so I can't honestly comment except to say I've learned that if it comes from Alejandro it is the very best! Same goes for Wayne's airports. Same for anything that comes from ROTW.... and all the other great developers of FLYII stuff.:(I read the forums almost every day. I saw the heading of the post by Alejandro but I honestly did not decipher that it was asking me to do a survey. I didn't read the post itself until I read the "What's wrong with you post." I'm sorry.:)I will try to do better in future.I want to say again to all you great developers.... THANK YOU!:)Sincerely,Earl

Guest chezz

Hi Alejandro,I did answer your survey. I myself almost daily I check the fly2 forum and I'm happy that there are really great people like you, rotw, wayne, steve, among others who keep this sim robust and fixing things that will make it better. My sincere thanks to all contributors, hats off for your dedication and commitment in keeping fly2 alive.best regards.chris_ca

G'day Alejandro,Sorry for being so tardy in reply to your survey but like many others I'm spending a lot less time flying and a lot more time at the keyboard trying to develop an add-on, even though when I finally do get it finished I am under no illusions as to the probable number of downloads. It's MY hobby and I get enjoyment out of it. :-)Being the solitary ( I believe ) Aussie regular to this forum I can hardly ask for Aussie airports but I have an idea. If Waynes looking for a new challenge then why not plan a "World Tour" using no more than a dozen airports. He could call the project "Waynes World" :-)I'm serious! I don't know how large such a project would be but if it was all bundled up under one download complete with flight plan etc I think I would be enticed to start off on a world tour, especially since I'd know that at the beginning and end of each leg there would be some of Waynes great airport scenery :-) . If the above is too grandiose then a mini version. "Tour de Europe""American Adventure". or as someone suggested a "Carribean Adventure"( my favourite).Anyway it's all just a suggestion.Don't take the perceived lack of interest to much to heart. That's just life.Cheers,Roger

Guest pilotsim7828

Alex & Wayne;I am sorry that I have not been updated on the fly forums lately.I have'nt been able to send messages to this site as the dail up connection has been giving me trouble.Although I wish to say i agree with wayne as he is the hardest working scenery designer , ( besides Steve , And others that the name escapes me for the moment ) You all know who you are !That is the reason why i left F2FDesign, For the reasons that no one really wanted to give thier feedback, Except of course for you alex, Your feedback and help Is why I gave you the permisson to help me with the web site and finally the ownership of F2fDesign.com Noww that i have my laptop back in my possion things will be getting betterThanks for the Really Hard Work taht ALL OF THE DESIGNERS DO Now to get all of wayne's Scenery into an EXE File that i wont have to spend FOREVER to download all of those Wonderful ScenerysYou know Dail up sppeds I guessJeffhttp://www.f2fdesign.com/ Check out this awesome website

Guest HeliFLYer

Hi Alejandro,thank you for this reminder. I share your opinion that more feedback would be necessary from those who really USE the stuff or are more interested at it than in general.But keep in mind that we are a very small number of FLY! AND FLY!-forum users and divided into VERY SMALL subgroups by special interests - some (as I) more interested in European scenery stuff (France/ROTW, Austria, UK ..), other more interested in US airports (Wayne) or aircraft-design.Nevertheless we should at least try to give feedback or thank those who create the stuff we download and use.And I want to take this opportunity to thank Wayne for all his incredible busy work for the FLY! community and naturally you too, Alejandro, one of the F2FDesign "columns".Regards Georg HeliFLYer EDDW

Hello Alejandro,I have not frequented this forum for about a month now so it looks like I missed some action. I will tell you that many times when I take a look at any of these forums I am in between patients at my office and don't always have the time to send a response... unfortunately I also forget later to respond to something I may have wanted to. ie I am thinking about another airport for Wayne but haven't got all the facts together yet.I have a big thank you for Wayne and Randall which I emailed them individually for. Between the two of them they modeled the airport I fly in real life out of most frequently, 7S3 Twin Oaks here in Hillsboro Oregon. I have some input I am putting together to make Wayne's addition even better and hopefully it will be released for public addition.I am not using Fly!II as often as in the past because of all the additions I have made to the other sim :-sae . I sure wish the ACP compact could be used to tune radios in Fly!II like it will in the others... having hardware does add to the realism.I am also working on finishing the FalconXP for FS9 which is taking more time to get just right than I expected. As I have offered before all the files I have created in FSDS will be available to anyone who wants to transport it over to Fly :).Please don't think that your work is unappreciated since there is not always a response to these threads. I think the majority of readers in this particular forum are the true hardcore Fly!ers and what keeps breathing life into this sim.I had some earlier prop fixes for the Pilatus but I will give your latest a try and I think the taxi light is a big plus, I like seeing it move on the ground as you steer.Many thanks,Zane

Dr Zane Gard

Posted Image

Sr Staff Reviewer AVSIM

Private Pilot ASEL since 1986 IFR 2010

AOPA 00915027

American Mensa 100314888

Guest Steve Brown

Hi AlexI understand the frustration. As you know, I nearly quit Fly2 completly, its hard work doing things in our valuable time. One thing I have noticed now, most guys who come here (Fly2 forum) are developers in one way or another, and have our own projects in mind and do forget to say those powerful and needed words... ThankyouI include myself for failing to always say thanks for great work achieved, Im sorry for that and personaly thank all who have contributed to the Fly2 Flight Simulator in some way. Though I do try, I always forget to thank Leen for his repaints, F2FDesign for there work and for putting up with my little tantrums a few months back. :-badteeth Time is valuable, but also to put our money where our hobby is and not expect anything in return is also seen here secretly in our Fly2 world. Many of the Aircraft and model developers could pull in hundreds of

Guest jjlobo

You are absolutely right Alejandro.The only reason I didn't answered back is that I don't fly US. But I agree, it cannot be used as an excuse. Wayne is one of the persons in this world that really thinks and fights to keep Fly II alive and you know, I really love Fly II and fear the time it has gone.Sorry Wayne. I didn't want to bother you with Brasilian Scenarios wishes. I have developed a few but don't have time to do more. I strongly icentive you to continue. I have my own dreams about Fly II in the future but don't have time to realize them as you do.Congratulations! ...JJLobo - From Brazil>Dear fellow Fly!ers,>(I posted this again and separately to make sure that you>don't miss it)>>I see that 107 people have read this message. Let's suppose>that there are duplicates, do you like 50%? That leaves us>with roughly 53 or 54 people, our of which only 9 took the>time to respond to the survey. How much of your time does it>take? Maybe a minute? After all the time and dedication that>Wayne has put into the hundreds of airports that he has>created, doesn't he deserve a minute of your time to give him>some input or to just say "Thanks Wayne"? We all talk about>keeping Fly! alive but it's this kind of reactions (or lack>thereof) that really makes me wonder if this is possible, and>therefore if it's worthwhile to continue to spend time fixing>things, creating aircraft, and developing new techniques to>share with you.>>I guess you don't realize the negative and damaging effect>that this has on the addon developers' and desginers'>motivation to continue to create free stuff for Fly!, for>free, for you.>>Same thing with the moving lights and the propeller fixes that>I recently posted. Several people read it and downloaded them>(I can see how many times a file is downloaded from our site),>yet only a few of you cared to give some sort of feedback.>>What's wrong with you?>>Sincerely,>>http://www.avsim.com/hangar/fly/dfdg/banneraa.jpg