Sign in to follow this  
RandallR

Aircraft Doors

Hi all, just wondering what keys open aircraft doors.Thanks,Jeff USAF

Jeff

Commercial | Instrument | Multi-Engine Land

AMD 5600X, RTX3070, 32MB RAM, 2TB SSD

G'day Jeff,"You're a braver man than me gungadin" for a post like this in a public forum. Even I have heard of homeland security. :-lolI've spent a lifetime working on Aircraft (admittedly all heavies) and The only doors that have keys are some of the galley cupboard doors ( to keep out the scavenging maintenance guys :-) - didn't work though as we all had "acquired" keys. Indeed I distinctly remember that as the apprentice of the crew it fell to me to be the scavenger and get onto arrival aircraft whilst it was still under "quarrantine", skillfully avoiding immigration, health and customs officials, and "collect" tea, coffee, biscuits etc for the crew to consume during their "smoko" breaks. On several occasions I was caught and dragged off by health officials and given smallpox and cholera shots. It was a game that we use to play. Everyone knew what was going on. Ah the good old days :-)Then there is the cockpit door, also lockable ( for obvious reasons ).As to the cockpit door locks - that's classified :-) , I could tell you but I'd have to kill you :-lolLight aircraft may have lockable entry doors as they might be parked, left unattended for weeks.Cheers,Roger

I'm a little confused now. I see all the smile faces, so I can't tell whether you are being facetious or if you misunderstood my question. I'll rephrase it."In Fly! 2, what buttons do you press to open the external doors of the airplanes in the sim?"Thanks,Jeff USAF

Jeff

G'day Jeff,I'm sorry Jeff please don't be offended. I'm a nice guy really and I did totally misunderstand your question. I thought it was a rather odd question to say the least, and thus my rather frivolous answer.Now that we are on the same track could you be specific as to which aircraft doors we are talking about?All commands in Fly! II are programmable and as such there is no specific Key for door operation. (no default aircraft has an opening door)If you have the F2FD Dauphin you can check which keys do the job on that aircraft by selectingoptions/keys and buttons/globalfrom the menu bar and scroll down and you will see the keys they have allocated for their Dauphin.Hope this helps, if not get back to the forum and I'm sure someone will supply you with the info you are after.Cheers,Roger

No default aircraft have doors that open, I guess that answers my question. I recently found my copy of the (PMDG) 757 for Fly! 2 and I think I remember being able to open those doors so I will try it. Thanks for your reply, and I was never offended, I thought your first reply was was pretty funny since you were going on about something completely different than what I was asking. LOLThanks,Jeff UASF

Jeff

Guest desmondw

Hi Jeff, The doors for the PMDG 757 does open but not with a specific key. To open the door you have to have the power on, buss tie on etc. and if the seat belt switch is "off" the door will open the next time you go to external view, when you switch the seat belt switch "on" and go to external view the door will close.Hope this is what you are looking for.Desmond

Guest Shalomar

Donny AKA ShalomarFly 2 ROCKS!!!The magnificent Seneca and the B707 have animated doors mapped to the F10 key.

Yup - also, the P-51 mustang canopy operates on the F10 key.

Randall Rocke