Sign in to follow this  
michal

Why not?

Guest tonyc

I happen to see that an old sim,aerowinx ps1.3, which is strictly a dos sim has a utility that allows users to connect it to fs2002 for scenery. Clearly, this is done with two computers sharing data. If it were possible for FLY2, imagine the results. We'd get the planes and the panels of FLY2 , and the scenery of msfs. Why not?tony

Hi Tony,I think ,things are a littlebit different.Aerowinx is`nt an OLD sim.It is a very sophisticated simulator for the Boeing 747-400 (744) series ONLY.It does not belong in the category "games" , alltough is can be used for hobby , it has a more proffessional goal.It was launched in 1997 and updated till today.Running under XP and suitable for USB connections.Aerowinx ps1.3 can be coupled to fs2002 ,BUT, not to the scenery only.The the main"visual" simulation is performed on the MSFS2002 platform.In other words the total graphic environment of MSFS2002 is used and the Aereowinx program is used for the technical part of the simulation.All scenery and airplane-views are from MSFS2002.Aerowinx just simulates the gauges and stuff.Two computers and screens are used and two simulators are running the same time.One screen showing MSFS2002 the other all Aerowinx gauges and other screens.By a neat piece of programming the commands of the Aerowinx-sim are( only partially) transported to the running MSFS2002 simulation.It`s just like flying a plane with a lap-top on your knee to control the plane , ignoring all gauges on the real panel.It would be great, just being able to import the scenery ONLY in FLYII! AND keep ALL the airplane-views of FLYII!But ( and I hope I am wrong) thats a complete different story.RegardsLeenps;On the pages behind this link is a very good explanation.http://www.avsim.com/pages/0202/visual744/visual744.html

forumlogopaintmod.png

"Non licet omnibus volare cum aquilis" (Azzurro)

Visit Flybike-Paints

G'day Tony,Why?On reading your post 2 proverbs spring to mind.All that glitters is not gold.The grass is always greener on the other side of the fence.Whilst I don't post in the MSFS forum I do read it. I'm not giving up my Fly! II clouds for anything. The original 3D and still the best in the business (imho :-) )Cheers,Roger

Guest tonyc

Roger, we agree that FLY is special. But the nature of add ons is to add to a user's delight. Users of aerowinx ps1.3 have the option to use the sim as a stand alone or experiment with msfs scenery. Clearly, I would not mind checking out my neighbor's grass if that choice were given to me....;-) how's your plane coming? The Electra is in those final stages that I don't want to get into. A tweak here or there to make it perfect. My African vacation is still with me, and I have just started to look at my project.tony

G'day Tony,Green concrete is the way to go :-) You don't have to mow it and you don't get into the bad books, of she who must be obeyed, for walking mud into the house :-lolThe Gannet is pretty much completed (modelling wise but still needs a panel and all the file work) but with the current state of affairs can only be used for static display. This may be the way I ultimately go. Just building static aircraft that can be used as scenery enhancement. Realistically that's about the limit of my abilities.Cheers,Roger

>I'm not>giving up my Fly! II clouds for anything. The original 3D and>still the best in the business (imho :-) )Hmmm ... it is debatable how much real progress was made from the original FLY!2k/FLYII as far as panels are concerned. But one thing (imho :-) ) is almost beyond debate is how weather depiction progressed since then. Given Chris Willis' recent FS Sky World release in combination with Damian's Active Sky defines, in my opinion, new chapter in simulation of atmospherics. Michael J.WinXP-Home SP2,AMD64 3500+,Abit AV8,Radeon X800Pro,36GB Raptor,1GB PC3200,Audigy 2

G'day Michael,I'm a happily married man. :-) I neither need nor desire a mistress. :-lolStop chasing the elusive pot of gold at the end of the rainbow .Best wihes and enjoy your simming in 2005.Cheers,Roger

>Best wihes and enjoy your simming in 2005.I will try...Best to you too.Michael J.WinXP-Home SP2,AMD64 3500+,Abit AV8,Radeon X800Pro,36GB Raptor,1GB PC3200,Audigy 2