Sign in to follow this  
Roger Mazengarb

The gods must be crazy........

G'day all,Tried again to fly on the Tri server but there was no way the digital gods were going to repeat themselves and allow any meaningful connection. 15 minutes was the longest connection I achieved from about half a dozen attempts. I did notice Steve flying out of KSFO.I also noticed that after a disconnection I could not re-connect without resetting the modem. This meant a reboot of the computer. I'm only using a very cheap internal card modem so i'm not sure about external modems.Is anyone on broadband getting better results??Cheers,Roger

Guest Steve Brown

Hi roger :-wave Yes I had many problems too.I was wondering who was their? When I spotted you, I was about to check who it was and you vanished, good job it doesnt happen in real life... It realy shook me up :-lol I have broadband, external USB, Speadtouch. Had exactly the same problems as you mate. Tho' my longest was about 20 mins. Once I got cut off... murder getting back on, I had to reboot too.I will try again tonight, at 00:00 to 01:00 GMT When the family is in bed. At KSFO...Also had a 15 min flight at Bremen, Germany. The clouds were realy bad, and the wind nearly made me crash. Georg was the metar right?It was frightening :-eek the poor Bell 407SteveMy Websitehttp://www.wrexhamspace.orgF2FDesign Websitehttp://www.f2fdesign.com/ My Fileshttp://library.avsim.net/search.php?CatID=...&Go=Change+View http://www.wrexhamspace.org/sig.jpg

Guest HeliFLYer

Hi Steve (and Roger),was at home today doing electric work but I had a look outside: Metar was (and is) absolutely right - stormy wind, clouds, means ugly weather conditions. But with the BK 117 we have nearly no limit for flying but the landing sometimes is a little rougher than normal (very weak normally).I will test the actual weather within the next hours as I have to walk with the dog late evening! :-(And I will try to log in the time and place you mentioned. Yesterday FLY! crashed one time, but the next two trials I cut the connection myself after 15/20 min. because there was nobody else online.Let's see what happens! :-))RegardsGeorg HeliFLYer EDDW

Guest HeliFLYer

Hi,I tried several times to connect to the TRI server, one time I was lucky and could see 2 other FLYers (Roger, "HP_Owner") beeing logged in - but when I started a chat FLY crashed. The other trials were not successfull - I could not get connected!Ok, the result is that we can forget about it: don't know whether the server or FLY! is faulty.But it was worth just trying it.RegardsGeorg HeliFLYer EDDW

Guest roland_lfor

Hi,I'm thinking about adding a fast Peer To Peer system in SquawkBox (standalone or in parallel with standard Vatsim/Ivao network) and then it could replace the TRI multiplayer server.Would you be interested ?- roland -* ROTW member *

Guest HeliFLYer

Hi Roland,this might sound a little naive, but I am lacking the technical background: does "Per To Peer System" mean only 2 FLY!ers kann be connected? Or is it something like building a network between several FLY!ers without a central server?Anyway, if FLY!ers could get together without big technical overload it would be of great interest for me - and I saw several diffent "names" for a short time when loggend in to the TRI server, there must be other FLY!ers arount with the same intentions.Thankyou for your offerRegardsGeorg HeliFLYer EDDW

Guest Eagle

After reading this post, I too logged onto the Fly server last night. Saw one helo which I thought was Steve. Tried to contact but the server crashed. The longest I got was about 5 minutes.Love the idea of using the VATSIM server for FLYing. Have been using it for some time, even if there are no controllers.Would also like to see the C4TO updated.Thanks guys. Everyone is working to keep our favorite sim going and current.

G'day Roland,INTERESTED??? - am I what! :-jumpy Understatement of the decade Roland.It would be great if we had the capability to all fly together.Go for it ; please :-)Cheers,Roger

Guest roland_lfor

The goal is to have a multiplayer session without any fixed server.One of the players have to be the host and the host must have the capabilitie of migration if this player quit.But at this time I don't know if it possible or not, due mainly to firewall devices, and Internet to private network address translation during host enumeration.The game itself is quite easy (moving a few plane in Fly!)I hope it will work.- roland -* ROTW member *

Guest HeliFLYer

Hi Roland,thank you for the explanation. This sounds great ...Georg HeliFLYer EDDW

Guest andrewluck

Following the messages here I just gave the Tri server a go and got connected at the first attempt. Can't remember the last time that happened.Flew from SFO up to the Golden Gate then back down the coast to land at HAF. Only person connected to the server though.Andrew Luck18 miles SW EGSH