Sign in to follow this  
Roger Mazengarb

The gods must be crazy........

Guest HeliFLYer

Hi Andrew,we all got the first and wrong impression that it worked - could fly 15 to 20 minutes - but only as long you were ALONE! If other FLY!ers are connected you may have (by chance) up to 3 minutes, then you're thrown out.Hope Roland will work out a solution :-)But nice you are also interested in meeting online.RegardsGeorg HeliFLYer EDDW

Guest 3cffts

Hi Roland, A fast Peer-to-peer connection would be just great. I would really like to try fixed wing formation flying. If you have ever done real formation flying it is super fun! I am sure it would be an even greater change in Fly II!.Brian

Guest roland_lfor

We've made the first test (through Internet, Paris to south west in France) yesterday night (up to 2 o'clock !). We managed the connection only with a direct connect on a known IP address (host on my computer). I didn't reach the automatic host enumeration :-( But it worked anyway through the 2 firewalls.Still lot of job to do but it was wonderful to fly with a refresh period of about 50-100 ms (with a 56K modem on one side !)- roland -* ROTW member *

Guest roland_lfor

I'm really interested with your lighted firetruck : I didn't find out how switch the strobe light on, gear-up/down, with the multiplayer aircrafts in SB.Do you you think it could be a solution (write a simple NFO, AMP...) and use the existing base aircrafts, then have all the AI with strobe/nav always on (is better than never ;-) )- roland -* ROTW member *

Guest Fly II Pilot

Roland,Yes, that IS possible. Basically, you define the bulb entries in the AMP file and you either don't make them conditional on anything or you make them conditional on the battery (which you also define). This will take care of the lights. As far as the gear is concerned, maybe it can be handled with an altitude monitor, that controls the gear switch such that at a certain altitude the gear is retracted/extended. I'd have to try that out.The key is whether SB loads the NFO file or the ACM. If it uses the NFO it'll probably also use the rest of the subsystems, but if it just calls for the ACM then we're in trouble...Take care,http://www.avsim.com/hangar/fly/dfdg/banneraa.jpg

Guest roland_lfor

Whoua excellent idea for the gear !SB load the real NFO at the moment, but the Fly! message system does not work at all on a non user aircraft (AI) :-((So I can't drive switch, gear....If you can send me an example of such mimimum files on the Flyhawk (why not the Flyhawk :-hmmm ) it would be great.Then I'll be able to do that for all of them and create an AI library for SB and P2P game.

Guest HeliFLYer

Roland,you are so a fast worker, aren't you? Merci beaucoup!Georg HeliFLYer EDDW

Guest roland_lfor

I'm not fast, perhaps persevering, but fortunatly some guys over there have some ideas that I miss :-vuur

Guest Fly II Pilot

Roland,I sent you a simplified Malibu that starts the engine and controls the gear, flap and lights depending on altitude.It seems that the electrical messaging system does work when used as a static object, which is probably how SB treats it as well. The problem is with the animation of parts, that's where I think the problem resides. The internal messaging system might be working but if it can't manipulate the animations then it can't show you the spinning propeller or the moving landing gear, flaps, etc.Will do a couple more tests on this matter and will let you know. If someone is interested in this "intelligent" model, let me know and I'll be happy to e-mail it.Regards,http://www.avsim.com/hangar/fly/dfdg/banneraa.jpg

Guest roland_lfor

Finally Alex did it !The AI aircrafts switch their lights, extand/retract gear and flaps automatically.A new online life is comming in Fly! :-beerchug - roland -* ROTW member *

G'day Roland and Alex, That's great news!! I can't wait to see where this all ends up. The amount of development projects in the pipeline for Fly! II is truely phenomenal. My thanks to all who are helping to make a great sim even better.Cheers,Roger 6 nm. SSW YSSY