Sign in to follow this  
Leen3131cs

Those crazy ROTW airport builders ;-)

Guest Azzurro

Hi Fly!ers,I am afraid that ROTW is going definitly crazy ;)Our friend Fred38 is being building an altiport, the well known terrain in the high French Alps, l'Alpe d'Huez (people who are fond of "Le tour de France" certainly know this station) situated in the east of the city of Grenoble.The runway is very impressive, just have a look at the SIA documentshttp://www.sia.aviation-civile.gouv.fr/aip...AD%202.LFHU.pdfYou can also consult this page at Fly.Simvol : http://fly.simvol.org/index.php?articles/p...fr/altiport.php (in French) which presents the work in progress. As you can see, our Pacha himself is not the last to make some very dangerous tests :-eek (some of us have broken several good planes during the first tests) ;-) !We will advise you as soon as the work is over, but it is now obvious that it will work fine, and I think it's the first time that we can use such a runway in Fly!Isn't it a great news for all the crazy Fly!ers ? :-jumpy CheersAzzurro

Guest HeliFLYer

Hi Azzurro,thank you very much for your information, I already had my daily visit at Simvol and realized that project, it is pure madness to land there mes amies de ROTW! Merci beaucoup!I am curios about that special runway they made as a texture because it is not flat!After the aircraft carrier this will be the next challenge to master (not with a helo, of course).RegardsGeorg HeliFLYer EDDW

That is really cool stuff. Glad someone finally figured out how to implement sloped runways.Cheers,Zane

Dr Zane Gard

Posted Image

Sr Staff Reviewer AVSIM

Private Pilot ASEL since 1986 IFR 2010

AOPA 00915027

American Mensa 100314888

Guest Azzurro

Hello crazy Fly!ers ;-)Some more pics of our tests? just look here, you will see 2 pics of the deep valley near l'Alpe d'Huez, an aerial view of the runway (what a slope) and a looong landing with the TBM (nevertheless stopped before the limits)http://www.simvol.org/forum/viewtopic.php?p=46532#46532CheersAzzurro

Guest Azzurro

>A friend of mine took this pictures of french altiportsHi Harald, Do you know what is the name of this altiport, it could be interesting for us, in the (unprobable) eventuality of building other altiports ;-)(Shhhtt, I didn't say anything) :-bigangel