Sign in to follow this  
Guest Steve Brown

TS2 comparison shots #3 showing Twin Oaks Airport

These are a shot taken North of 7S3 (Stark's Twin Oaks Airport) showing the airfield that Randall Rocke and Wayne Roberts did earlier this year. This airport is one I fly out of and it wasn't included with FlyII. Thanks to both of their work I get to fly out of it with my favorite sim :)http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/104369.jpgThis is default FlyII sceneryhttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/104370.jpgThis is FlyII with Terrascene2 using Base textureshttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/104371.jpgThis is FlyII with Terrascene2 using HITW (Mountain/country) textureshttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/104372.jpgThis is FS9.1 with FSGenesis 38DEM mesh, Landclass, USA Roads, FSWater and AD Streams and RailroadsTerrascene insists on putting water at the end of runway 20, it's not there in real life and in fact that is the high end of the runway, if it was going to be anywhere it would be at the other end!Hope you enjoy the medley of shots showing the differences,Zane

Dr Zane Gard

Posted Image

Sr Staff Reviewer AVSIM

Private Pilot ASEL since 1986 IFR 2010

AOPA 00915027

American Mensa 100314888

Guest HeliFLYer

Hi Zane,thank you very much for your demonstration. For me there is a real improvement with the new textures. So I will buy them when I've got the new broadband connection in some weeks.RegardsGeorg HeliFLYer EDDW

Zane,Thanks for the demo! It should also be pointed out that the base package includes over 100 hi-res textures, from which you can make custom texture sets. Thats how I adapted and combined textures to make new texture sets for the Southwest. I still have Jak's original packs for TS2, though at 15 m/p, they were best suited for Fly!1. I'll check out his new release and see what it offers.A quick note - if an inappropriate lake is showing up next to 7S3's runway, it's not TS that's causing it, but erroneous data from the USGS. TerraScene simply renders the available data to produce the scenery. One thing you could do is edit the lake out of the appropriate image file before slicing - then the lake will be gone.

Randall Rocke

Hi Steve,That last shot is using Airhead's freeware Citabria, it is also Fly's competitor product from Microsoft with a whole bunch of payware add ons showing pretty much what that sim is capable of short of photographic ground images. I personally felt that FlyII suprassed FS2002 even with all enhancements, but alas FS2004 has better ground textures and after spending a whole lot of money on the add ons does excel over FlyII :(. That said it took almost five years of development and much faster computers to do it... FlyII was that far ahead of its time and if TRI had the balls to keep backing its development it would still be a major competitor.Zane

Dr Zane Gard

Posted Image

Sr Staff Reviewer AVSIM

Private Pilot ASEL since 1986 IFR 2010

AOPA 00915027

American Mensa 100314888