Sign in to follow this  
KenWood

Really lovin Jak's new textures

Just got done with enough tiles to complete a few flights. These are much livelier than the base TS2 textures pulled off the FlyII program. Have a look...http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/104472.jpgThis is the coastal range between Newport and Hillsboro, Oregon. A beautiful area of the country and now even nicer than before in FlyII. Thank you Jak :)Zane

Dr Zane Gard

Posted Image

Sr Staff Reviewer AVSIM

Private Pilot ASEL since 1986 IFR 2010

AOPA 00915027

American Mensa 100314888

Guest Jak Fearon

Thanks for posting all of these screen shots, Zane. I'm really glad that you're enjoying the new textures and it's great to see examples of how they look in flight.Jak Fearonhow in the world?http://www.howintheworld.com

I think they look great also! Actually read this forum often, but had a little "cookie" problem, I guess...:D L.Adamson

thank YOU Jak for releasing these great new textures.I just downloaded them and can't wait to give them a try.But what I can see from Chris's example they are looking just great :)Thank you Chris for posting the screenshot!Jak, just one more question. I remember that I have seen some brilliant sky textures from you as well a loooong time ago. (and still some in your gallery) Do you think it would be possible to release these textures too, maybe someday???I think this too would be also a big enhancement for FLYII as it is gettin' better all the time, thanks to all the wonderful folks here...Thanks again and take care,

Hi Larry,great to see you finally back again! :) Sure you were missed,So welcome back :-wave

Hi Larry,Nice to have you back in these parts and able to post ;).Look forward to reading more postings from you.Zane

Dr Zane Gard

Posted Image

Sr Staff Reviewer AVSIM

AOPA 00915027

American Mensa 100314888

"Thank you Chris for posting the screenshot!"sorry Zane, of course I meant to thank you for posting the screenshot, and not Chris this time. :-(

It's like the "red" ruby shoes in Wizard of Oz. I could have gotten back anytime, if I had just known how!At least I think so.... :)L.Adamsonedit --- add a "n" to know(n)

Guest Jak Fearon

>Jak, just one more question. I remember that I have seen some>brilliant sky textures >from you as well a loooong time ago. (and still some in your>gallery) >Do you think it would be possible to release these textures>too, maybe someday???Rodger,Those skies are from the unreleased Sky!II project for Fly!II. We were decently underway with that but there was a bug in the Fly!II sky code that was causing us all sorts of problems (clouds cut off at the base when they reached a certain sizealtitude). We talked with TRI several times about it but the bug was never solved, so we never released the new skies. We gave it much thought but realized that we would end up getting more misplaced grief over that bug (from people assuming it was due to our work) than we wanted to deal with. As far as I recall the bug is not really noticeable at all in the stock Fly!II skies, so people definitely would have thought it was shoddy work on our part had it shown up in our new ones.So that's the answer... if we ever get back around to fiddling with them, perhaps we can solve the issue, but otherwise I'm sad to say it's a no go.Here's one of the skies in question, and you can see all of the shots we had available at one time here: http://howintheworld.com/screenshots/flyii/skies/http://howintheworld.com/screenshots/flyii/skies/5.jpgJak Fearonhow in the world?http://www.howintheworld.com

Jak,Considering the following of dedicated supporters that still use FlyII I'd like to see you release the sky textures and let us have a go at spearheading the bug issue as well. Who knows, one of us might come up with a fix. Don't think you'll be getting very much hate mail and we get to post some screenshots those MSFS dudes will be jealous of.Reconsider and let us have our hands on it :)Zane

Dr Zane Gard

Posted Image

Sr Staff Reviewer AVSIM

AOPA 00915027

American Mensa 100314888