Sign in to follow this  
Guest chezz

Help!!! (L'Alpe d'Huez (LFHU))

Guest chezz

Rene,It's a beautiful airport, apparently just like George I can't figure out how to install it, tried different approches I end up with Georg experience and growing frustrated. Deleted the FranceSE pod from the scenery shared folder make the scenario even worst which also affect Gap airport elevation. Can you give us a detailed step-by-step installation procedures please. I hope you can sort things out so non-french FLY2 can enjoy the beautiful sceneries made by FLY-er on that side of the globe. Also whenever I use the detailed sceneries downloaded from SIMVOL I always get a vertex error, is there a suggested render.ini setting to avoid this problem. My computer spec is athlon XP 2800+, Windows XP, 1 gig of mushkin ram, ATI AIW 9800 video card.Thanks for your help.chris_CA

Guest HeliFLYer

Hi Chris,you shouldn't miss the experience with this special airport, therefore I want to give you the result of this discussion here at the Forum, which solved "the elevation problem">>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>1. Let the autoinstaller once again do its work. If you have different FLY installations you have to manually install the DEX with DeximportGUI.exe for all other installations than the primary one (the path you can find in the Win registry). 2. You must remove ALL France evelvation files. Over the time ROTW had at least two different OLDER elevation files, one POD (FranceSEv1.POD) which could be found in the scenery/shared folder OR one FOLDER named ElevFranceSE (WITHOUT "SRTM") located in the scenery folder and including PODS like "D003161.POD" and SCFs like "VisiD003164.scf" THESE TWO OLDER ELEVATION FILES MUST BE DELETED COMPLETELY!3. You have to install the NEW SRTM elevations which you can download here:http://fichiers.simvol.org/fly/fly_2/France_SE_SRTMv1.zipThis unzipped folder (France_SE_SRTMv1) contains several PODs like D004162_sud.pod or D004162_nord.pod AND SCFs like VisiD002162_sud.scf.It must be placed into the scenery folder (NOT shared)4. Fire FLY! and go to LFHU<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Guest chezz

Georg,Thanks for your help, finally I was able to sort things out. The problem i had was when I unzip the france elevetion it doesn't show the .scf file extension in my windows explorer but did some trick to have some kind of go around windows and voila. See attached pix. THANKs A LOT.cheerschris_CAhttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/105051.jpg