Sign in to follow this  
flyfisher

***A New Tool is available***

Guest Colins2

Hi All,It's taken a bit longer than I thought it would but other things like work and Christmas got in the way :-)Fly!Mesh is now available as a first release!It's not finished yet but most features are working.If you have TerraShape then unzip the archive into the same directory.If not then put it where you wish.It doesn't access the registry in any way.For now, it is on my home site where it is easier to update.You can get it here Fly!MeshAny feedback is welcome good or bad :-)Colin

Guest tonyc

Great news, Colin. Can you please check the link to your site. I get a microsoft.com site when I click on it. thanks.tony

Guest Colins2

Hi Tony,Whoops! too many https in the link.Try this one.Fly!MeshColin

Guest HeliFLYer

Hi Colin,this is another masterpiece, really! I have no time to do some work NOW but I read your DOC to get an overview what I can expect from your FLY!Mesh. And beside your program I thank you very much for all these infos and explanations you put together on 13 (!!!) pages. It will be a great help for many of us.After working with your tool I will give further feedback (next week).RegardsGeorg HeliFLYer EDDW

Guest Fly II Pilot

Colin,Thanks so much for such a great tool. There was so much frustration with the inability to easily edit elevations that maybe we can get some developers such as Keyton and Andrew to finish their Brazilian and Norwegian projects...I've got to try this!!!Thanks again,http://www.avsim.com/hangar/fly/dfdg/banneraa.jpg

Colin,Thanks very much.Will certainly give it a try but as I'm back to work next week may not have too much time for a trial in the next few weeeks.I'll let you know what success I have.Thanks to all the help from you, Daniele,Harald, Fonchy, Randall and others I am slowly making progress with scenery development.Pity about having to return to work!If it results in scenery as good as Christian Stock's mesh for MSFSK2 then we can expect some great results for NZ.:-beerchug

Guest Chris Wallace

Congratulations and thanks, Colin!! I hope this inspires even more activity in fixing and customizing scenery areas...Cheers,Chris WallaceOttawa, Canada

Guest Colins2

Thanks everyone :-)I made a slight mistake in the zip that has now been corrected.There should be images in both the Gtopo folder and the Globe folder.These are the world maps showing the files to d/l.If you have already d/l Fly!Mesh then you just need this file:For others, I have uploaded a new zip with everything in it![link:homepage.ntlworld.com/colin.sare-soar/Fly_Mesh.zip]Fly!MeshCheersColinPS Both links tested and working :-)

Guest danieletona

THANKS Colin for this wonderful tool.

Colin,Just tried flymesh for globe tile 123,101 and on trying to extract data (Gtopo) E100S10 was requested when it should be E140S10.Any idea why?thanks,Ian

Guest Colins2

Hi Ian and everyone,Yep, the reason was a bug, now fixed.In the process of fixing that I also found something else that I wasn't aware of.As most of you know a Windows/Dos text file has LF/CR at the end of a line (0x0d, 0x0a).Most Unix files just have the LF (0x0a) and miss off the CR.The Gtopo and Globe header files are like this for the most part and my code allowed for this and fixed it.The SRTM30 headers, however, have just the CR character (0x0d) as a line end.So, Fly!Mesh now handles this as well.I hadn't spotted this as I was using the older GTOPO30 header files which are the same anyway. For people d/l the SRTM30 data though it was a problem.I tried out 123:101 and it worked fine for me.A new build is on my site now.Fly!MeshCheersColin

Colin,I don't seem to be able to download a Globe file that Flymesh data extractor seems to recognize. After extracting with winzip I have a file l10g which is 126,563 kb in the globe folder. That is the file requested for Globe Tile 123,101 but it is not recognized.Can you enlighten me? :-beerchug Ian