Sign in to follow this  
Guest Fly II Pilot

Cessna bugs in Fly 2

Guest Shalomar

Donny AKA ShalomarFly 2 ROCKS!!!The Cessna has very few bugs that affect usability, the most glaring deficiency in the default Cessna other than the parking brake is NO KATE RYAN IN THE BACK SEAT!!! Ahem, bugs that directly affect usability are: Aforementioned parking brake allows aircraft to move at 1500 RPM 2227 lb gross weight.I seem to remember the GPS NAV 1 slaving being a problem and I didn't use it for a long time till I checked it when compiling this list. None of the patches I installed mentioned it in the readme but it now works perfectly though it hunts a little excessively when activated in my opinion.Autopilot goes off on a tangent when APR or BC function selected instead of mantaining heading. SOMETIMES autopilot flies the wrong intercept course and loses signal. After signal loss APR indicator remains lit though if you retune NAV 1 the APR light flashes and the autopilot reverts to Heading mode (that indicator comes on).Autopilot now tracks ILS well once centered, another thing my memory says WAS a problem not mentioned in the patches. This function works so well it is useful for missed aproaches and even "touch and go's." I had fun for a while going 4 miles out then just hitting BC or APR to come back and land on the reciprocal. There is a slight, accurate "hunt" when traversing into or out of back course.The only other thing I discovered during testing that might affect usability is that I could not mantain level inverted flight even at 130 knots back seats/baggage empty 2051 lb gross. (Okay, so I got a little carried away playing test pilot.) The engine starts to sputter right away when inverted, I think with pump on it should run smoothly till collector empties but that is just my opinion. If you don't use the convenient "both" setting on the selector and run a tank and the collector dry it will not refill. One last thing: I noticed a 14 GPH fuel burn at 12500 feet 2200 RPM. I seem to remember a real-world flight manual that recomended full throttle above 10,000 feet. You then burn 17 GPH. Seemingly excessive.The following do not directly affect normal operations but are noticeably different from the real world.Gyros should spool up when master energised. EVERY real world plane is like that after all they are called ELECTROmechanical. I want some of what the author of the FLY 2 manual was smoking when they wrote otherwise. "Use alternate air" seems to be nonfunctional.Low voltage light should not come on with Master switch, only when there is low battery voltage or annunciators are tested. This warning light does NOT illuminate before battery dies when it should. Flying around with alternator off and a 49 amp load battery went dead after 1 hour. Battery went dead again a few minutes after I switched on alternator for a minute then off so somewhere there is recognition of battery state. There is no dimming of lights or degradation of avionics performance before battery dies.Amp load drops to zero after a second when cranking engine with alternator on. Cranking RPM is 850 RPM which is higher than idle so TRI seems to have perfected perpetual motion. With alternator switch off battery goes dead after cranking for FIFTY SIX minutes. RPM is a steady 850 till battery dies. Wish my motor home could do that.No amp load when fuel pump turned on. Pump ceases to function when master switch is off but sound continues.

Guest Skyhawk99J

One thing I've noticed is seemingly incorrect behavior of the EGT. I fly a 2004 Skyhawk SP out of Jeffco Airport in Denver Colorado. I take off at nearly 6,000 feet so I do most of my flying at higher altitudes. I usually get the best performance to fuel burn ratio somewhere around 1/2 way up the EGT measurement at 8,500 feet on a cool winter day. On the Flyhawk, the EGT reads much higher. Also, as you lean the engine, the Flyhawk EGT temperature decreases instead of increasing. The peak EGT at 8,500 ft in Fly!2 is much higher than I see in my Skyhawk.Has anyone else noticed this behavior?Dan LarsonN2099J - 2004 Skyhawk SPJeffco (BJC), Denver CO