Sign in to follow this  
Guest Eagle

A Sad Goodbye

Guest Steve Brown

Hello All My Fly2 friends.Sadly I have to tell you all, I will no longer be creating for Fly2, for the near future at least. My health is getting worse day by day, and the pains in my chest and dizzyness is continueing. I wish you all the best, and those of my team mates in F2FDesign. I will continue ( I hope) with my website, as this is my obligation to NASA and the Millenium Award Commission. When I feel fit again I may continue with my (our) hobby.I was due back at NASA for December this year, but it has now been cancelled, Im devastated about this, but without my health its no good. Over the past few years I have made some of the best friends one could wish for on the Internet, and the Astronaut Training I did at NASA I will never forget. Remember, If you would like to see the video of my NASA trip, its http://www.wrexhamspace.org/movies.htm But a big 36 megs.your friend always, Steve.[divalign=center]http://www.wrexhamspace.org/sig.jpg][/divNASA ATX Graduatehttp://www.wrexhamspace.org

Steve,My prayers are with you.your friend,Zane

Dr Zane Gard

Posted Image

Sr Staff Reviewer AVSIM

Private Pilot ASEL since 1986 IFR 2010

AOPA 00915027

American Mensa 100314888

Guest danieletona

Dear Steve,grieve me to read these words.A strong embrace with the sincere hope of having you among us the previously possible.Your friend Daniele

Dear Steve,Please take care of your health and try to enjoy simple things. Don't feel obliged to be creative at any time. I hope that you feel soon much better!Amiti

Guest HeliFLYer

Hi my friend Steve,this is really bad news. NOT the fact you cannot be active for FLY! anymore the next time BUT that your health condition is bad.NOW you have to think of YOURSELF and YOUR FAMILY. Safe all your power for your little daughter and your wife, there is nothing in life more important than your family and the beloved people. Forget FLY! and your PC for the moment, go out into the nature, walk through the fields and forrests as far as your chest pain allows. MOVE YOUR BODY, move your body, it is the VERY best therapy. This is my personal experience, not theoretically knowledge from my profession.Flightsimming should give positive emotion, not stress. For some month I stopped working at my Landsat7 program because I got very stressed due to problems I could not solve. I did the same thing you do now - I STOPPED IT, that is the RIGHT WAY to handle it.I think everybody who knows you as our common friend will understand this and remember you and all your work for the FLY! community. But as this is a very personal forum I would ask you to give us some infos about your health and condition whenever you like to do so.I cannot really express my feelings in a foreign language but you will understand that my thoughts and very best wishes are with you and your wonderful family.Bis sp

G'day Steve, I'm sorry to hear of your failing health. Your contributions to Fly! II are great and very much appreciated but understandably loved ones and family come first. I hope with time your health improves and we see you posting sometime in the future. God bless you.Cheers mate,Roger

Guest desmondw

Hi Steve, I am so sorry to hear of your declining health & wish you a solid recovery. I join everybody else in thanking you for all the excellent work you have done for us which we enjoy every time we use Fly. All the very best to you & your family.Desmond

Steve my Friend,You take care of yourself and family first, and know always we have you in our prayers for a speedy recovery. Just think, in know time you'll be up and doing more repaints for the Seawind!Best always!Ken Wood :-sun1Seawind Projecthttp://www.avsim.com/hangar/fly/dfdg/bannernewkw.jpgGateway 700X; Intel P4 2.4GHz; 512MB RAM; NVIDIA Ti4200 4X AGP 128MB; SB Audigy; Thrustmaster TopGun Fox 2 Pro Shock

Kenneth E Wood Jr  🌪️🌩️

ex AG1, USN (14yr Vet) Weather Foecaster

>>I was due back at NASA for December this year, but it has now>been cancelled, Im devastated about this, but without my>health its no good. Steve,I work (indirectly) for NASA Ames and big budget cuts are coming in the 2006 budget. Basic aeronautics like hypersonic transport or rotorcraft are no longer being funded. Almost 400 people only here at Ames are being put at risk of loosing a job. The reason is the new Moon/Mars exploration priorities. We just heard almost 1 hour presentation from the Administrator on this whole subject.Anyway, I do hope your health will recover.Michael J.WinXP-Home SP2,AMD64 3500+,Abit AV8,Radeon X800Pro,36GB Raptor,1GB PC3200,Audigy 2

Guest Azzurro

Dear Steve,All your friends hope that you will recover quickly a better health.And we are now waiting for your return among us, as soon as you feel well :-) Amiti

Guest TPetris

Hi Steve,I'm very sorry to hear bad news about your health.Come back soon for it will means that you're good again.Amiti

Steve,Thanks so much for all of your contributions to Fly! and kind-hearted exchanges within this forum. This is, after all, just a hobby and you are wise to step away from it under the circumstances.Get some rest...get some healing.

Randall Rocke

Guest chezz

Hi Steve,Hang on there Steve, you will be remebered in my prayers. I hope all is well with you and you family. Indeed, you will be missed in this forum, you always inspire me with your cheerfulness, candidness and willingness to help make this sim to be the best. Just what others have mentioned this is just a sim, spend more time with your wonderful family. Please keep us posted about your health.chris_CA

Guest lucizeta

Dear Steve,I wait to listen again you as soon as possible.I give you my best wishes for all!Luciano -LIME