Sign in to follow this  
Guest JeanLuc_

Reality XP site up and v1.10 available!!!!

Guest JeanLuc_

The site is up! and the v1.10 update is now available!!! WOW!! There is a new page at the site to submit a user waypoint, and share our user waypoints!! great!

Guest KenG

Wooohoooo!!!Got it! Thanks.

That's stange. Trying www.reality-xp.com gets me "ntimedical.com is currently unavailable due to technical difficulties." 1125Z May 28.Doug

Guest KenG

Anyone having problems creating a database? I've tried it a dozen times now and each time it tells me "No Database found."

No problems here Ken. The dbase created itself straight after the install.

Guest JeanLuc_

This looks like a DNS server not updated at your ISP. You can try direct this:http://65.107.47.234Hope it helps!

Guest UweR

Hi Ken, I have seen this once with my second FS2002 (of which WinXP has no registry entries for FS2002). If that is the same in your case, send me a mail to URademacher@t-online.de with your FS2002 path and I

Guest KenG

I'm using Win98SE and have the registry entry for FS2002. I'm conversing with the guys at RealityXP. Hopefully we can resolve this. I've checked the registry entry (correct), uninstalled, reinstalled, washed, rinsed and repeated several times. I've re-downloaded the installer for 1.1 and still get the same result.So far, I've tried everything I can think of. I don't know what's up. When I reinstalled version 1, the database was built without problem. When I then install ver 1.1, the dbase builder tells me "No Database found." Gpsdata.bin is still there and hasn't changed.

Ken,just wanted to let you know that you're not alone with this problem. Install worked fine but when I fire up FS2002 I get the database error as well.I'll try some more. Let me know if you've found a solution.Cheers,Peterhttp://home.neo.rr.com/zaehringer/pipersignature.jpgPIII600,512MB,Win98SE,DirectX8a,Geforce32DDR(Det.22.80),SBlive(4.06.703)

I9-13900K, RTX 4090, DR5-6000MHZCORSAIR ICUE H150I ELITE, ASUS PRIME Z790-P, THERMALTAKE TOUGHPOWER GF3 1350W, WIN 11

Guest KenG

Haven't had a chance to try it, but the latest suggestion was to delete the gpsdata.bin file "BEFORE" updating to version 1.10 and running the database building program. Other than that, I'm going to make sure the file isn't write-protected (read-only). I'm at work right now, so I'll have to wait until I get home this evening to try it out.Here are other suggestions from myself and RealityXP (very, very fast with their replies to inquiries, BTW), but none have worked:1) Uninstall and reinstall2) make sure the gpsdata.bin file is in the FS2002 directory3) make sure the registry points to the correct location of FS2002 (under Local_machinesoftwaremicrosoftmicrosoft_games or something to that effect)4) don't have FS2002 running at the time of upgrade or dbase update5) turn off antivirus softwareIn the end, it's probably something silly but I've exhausted everything I can think of. Hopefully, the latest suggestions will work.

heyaz,i have XP and tried everything in your list but I cant even switch both devices on, i reinstalled and Gpsdata.bin is in my fs2k folder.Help..Greetz,Paul

Guest JeanLuc_

I would think that maybe deleting the GPSDATA.bin from the FS2002 directory before installing the v1.10 might work. Anybody ?

Deleting the gpsdata.bin from the root FS2002 did it for me. I also checked my registry settings and everything is were it's supposed to be. So this is what worked for me:Complete reality-xp uninstallReinstall v1.01Build database with v1.01Delete gpsdata.bin in folder FS2002Install v1.10Run database generatorAfter that the new database is around 6.8 MB (was around 5.8 MB before the update).Hope this helps, now I gotta checkout the airspace feature :-jumpyPetehttp://home.neo.rr.com/zaehringer/pipersignature.jpgPIII600,512MB,Win98SE,DirectX8a,Geforce32DDR(Det.22.80),SBlive(4.06.703)

I9-13900K, RTX 4090, DR5-6000MHZCORSAIR ICUE H150I ELITE, ASUS PRIME Z790-P, THERMALTAKE TOUGHPOWER GF3 1350W, WIN 11

Doesnt work :(Did all steps, deleted the database and installed 1.10 now my BIN file is 6,8MB.. Gauges installed properly and when in cessna i press shift2-3, i do get the gauge but just cant turn it on, its like the on/off button just doesnt work :(Anyone can welp me, plzGreetz,PaulPS, can anyone verify if the panel.cfg is correct[Window01]baCKGROUND_COLOR=2,2,2size_mm=331,240window_size_ratio=1position=8visible=0ident=RADIO_STACK_PANELgauge00=RealityXP_FlightLine!Audio_FL15,0,0,331,,gauge02=RealityXP_FlightLine!NavCom_FL30,0,64,331gauge03=RealityXP_FlightLine!XPDR_FL70,0,128,331gauge04=Bendix_King_Radio!Bendix-King Radio ADF, 0, 192, 165,48gauge05=Bendix_King_Radio!Bendix-King Radio AP, 165, 192, 166,48[Window02]baCKGROUND_COLOR=2,2,2size_mm=331,104window_size_ratio=1position=2visible=0ident=GPS_PANELgauge00=RealityXP_FlightLine!GPS_GL50,0,0,331

Guest KenG

Worked perfectly for me. All I had to do was delete the old database and build a new one.As for the stack itself, it would appear the right clicking and left clicking on the knobs now have different functions (i.e., left click makes selection go down and right clicking increases selected number). Was this how it was before and I'm just smoking too much crack these days? It could be in the documentation but I haven't taken the time to RTFM.Regardless, it'll take some getting used to, but I like it. Dreamfleet did it on the Archer and I've grown to love the feature.