Sign in to follow this  
Guest rene_35

If you have ROTW's DVD problems

Guest tonyc

Rotw,I have successfully installed the dvd in a separate FLY2 folder. I have now two FLY2. My original and ROTW's FLY2. I notice that the ROTW FLY2 has some (background) activity that stops the frames every 2-3 seconds.(Ctr-F shows a regular drop) There's no activity in the program, that is, I am not rotating the aircraft with camera view,I am not taxiing--I am looking at the plane when it first appears, with engines stopped. My original FLY2 does not have that regular frame "pause". I am curious to know what could be causing it. It interferes with smooth frames.tony

Guest tonyc

Interestingly, I've replaced both render.ini and fly.ini with my *.ini files and the frame "pauses" still occur. There's definitely something going on and I am curious to find out. It's annoying and it breaks the smoothness of the program. What is different about ROTW FLY2 that would create that regular frames "pause" with the plane parked and no SIM ACTIVITY.tony

Guest HeliFLYer

Hi Tony,I had the very same problem, ROTW FLY! was nearly unflyable it took me many hours to check the problem. At first I changed render.ini and fly.ini against my own older versions, this did not change anything.>>>Then I renamed ALL *.dll files (folder "modules/pc") EXCEPT those for P51, Seneca, TBM, ROTW_* and Dauphin to *.dll.notused - <<

Guest tonyc

Thanks, Georg. The gps.dll did the trick. And yes, you saved me lots of hours. ROTW...we have a small problem here with the gps.dll....tony

Guest rene_35

I have duplicated Georg's post on simvol specific forum.I hope dll's writers will answer. Look at this forum.Regards,

Guest tonyc

Rene, I am having difficulty sign up on the simvol site. I don't know why it does not accept my registration. Anyway, I have several questions regarding FLY dvd.1. It does not remember key assignemts. Why?2. When leaving the program, FLY2 takes a very long time--unlike regular FLY2. Why?thanks.tony

Guest Colins2

Tony,I'm just guessing here, I'm at work and haven't had chance to look at my DVD yet.Re. 1 Check that the default.key file copied from the dvd is not read-only.Colin

Guest HeliFLYer

Hi Tony,1. key assignments - no problem with my ROTW FLY! 2. I also had that very very long time when I closed ROTW FLY! and then the Windows XP desktop was painted very slowly with much HD activity. I had it SEVERAL times that when closing ROTW FLY! I got a complete reboot! of Windows XP without a blue screen. Never! had that before.=> to be honest, I will not accuse ROTW FLY! for that all. When I had the first difficulties with that new installation I thought of bad graficcard drivers and I installed the last one from the NVidia site. That one worked really great with all the other programs (my son plays some very new games on my PC) but the new drivers might have been one part of these big problems: stuttering, very low frame rate, difficulties when closing FLY!.As I put the old drivers back AND made changes to FLY! the SAME time I cannot verify what causes which problem.So I can only tell you HOW I am NOW running ROTW FLY! without problems (with the trial an error method):1. I still have >>>many!<<< *.dlls switched off >>>as described above<<< in my earlier reply2. I switched off the two >>>PYTHON<<< scripts you find in modulesscriptsglobals (same procedure: rename the *.pyc scricts to *.pyc.notused)3. I reduced the >>>replay time<<< to some seconds as you spare memory with thatLook in your "fly.ini" and change blackBoxBufferSize to a low value (ie 500):(fly.ini)[sIM]......blackBoxBufferSize=500It may help, it may not help, just try it, you can go the way back without loss of anything. RegardsGeorg HeliFLYer EDDW

Guest tonyc

thanks, Georg. I have my original FLY2 for comparison. For the default.key, I simply replaced it with mine. For the long shutdown, it's still a mistery. My FLY2 has lots of add ons, but it closes fine. I suspect that it may have something to do with the "heavy textures" of ROTW scenery. I don't know; it's just a thought.tony