Sign in to follow this  
Guest chezz

info metar

Guest chezz

I suspect it's the infometar that causing my puter to CTD after 30 mins of using Fly2. I tried using the other sim with no problem at all. Has anyone experience Directx error (see my previous post)when downloaded metar is used? or is it the M$ bug when your not using their game? Any clue?chris_CA

Guest roland_lfor

Infometar can't cause a CTD as it does not run at the same time of Fly!. The reason to have a DirectX error could be the big amount of textures used by the clouds loaded by your downloaded METAR.If you are using the directX8TL rendering, I suggest to switch to directX8, in the fly.ini or through the startup screen options.- roland -* ROTW member *

G'day Chris,Did you resolve your aptlite2.smf (small airport light pole) problem??I think that is a standard TRI model and if your computer is not finding it then you have an installation problem. The CTD your getting could also be related to another installation problem.If that other sim is running OK then that seems to clear your hardware and drivers and directX. It's a Fly! II thing!!Everything points to you having a corrupt installation.Sorry but try reinstalling. ESSENTIAL :- MUTE SOUND before reinstall.Cheers,Roger

Guest chezz

Hi Roger,I re-installed fly2 and I'm having the same problem. Perhaps it's my render.ini. I tried flying in unterascened area and i was able to be up in the air for 43 mins before i get a CTD. I noticed though when I CTD my desktop background also turns to blue. Hmmmm is it my video card ATI ALL IN WONDER 9800 but I dont have any problem using the other sim just for comparison. Still clueless.here's my specs AMD Barton 2800+, 1 gig mushkin pc 3200, wd 36g raptor, 120 g wd chris_CA