Sign in to follow this  
Guest chezz

Terrascene dillema

Guest chezz

I'm trying to terrascene the area from oxnard California to san francisco however I noticed that there's a gap between the tiles of two areas that I have terrascened spareately. Please see attached file and your help will be much appreciated. Note I unchecked the snap to globe tile in the ts2 option.chris_CAhttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/109726.jpghttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/109727.jpg

Chris,This appears to be a tile border issue:1. I certainly would recommend that snap to globe tile grid always be used when you must have adjoining scenery mesh properly. Not only does this guarantee that the scenery border is absolutely on the grid line, but TS2 has a built in overlap that is created so that the scenery pods join properly from either direction. Turn this off, and this is usually the result.2. Also, if you want adjoining scenery pods to work well, you need to create your scenery projects as complete global tiles. In other words, for the best results, the borders of the projects should be global, not 1/4 tile borders. If you have a global tile with a lot of water in it, then you can save space by making that project a 1/2, or even 1/4, tile - as long as the border that adjoins other scenery is the global tile border.I would never turn off the snap to grid option unless I was making a small scenery project that would never adjoin other scenery.

Randall Rocke

Guest detector

Chris,I can add some info here: In my ENZV scenery, I tried two separate quarter tiles side by side, each in its separate Globe tile. That gave me an ugly border (not mesh related as I used default mesh), but an ugly line between the two quarters` textures. So I changed the project to render both quarter tiles in one operation, and got rid of the ugly border.

Guest chezz

Randal and Andrew,I tried checking the snap to globe tile hoeever the adjoining scenery for example the beutiful socal of matt fox scenery is gone, only my oxnard scenery (which I terrascened) shows up, however if i unchecked the snap to tile grid both sceneries shows up except in the evening there's a white line between the two adjoining sceneries. Also can you clarify what is the global tile you're refering to. How many miles is the area covered by a 1/4 tile? BTW I made two separate sceneries for sedona and grand canyon and there is no issue such as the above proplem.thankschris_CA

Guest detector

Chris,I cannot answer regarding Globe Tile size, as I have only Fly II installed and not all the tools. I have experienced your problem with the adjoining tile disappearing, I think it was with some of the UK photo sceneries. The only thing I can think of is to try a higher or lower number for "mount priority" before slicing.

Apparently one of your sceneries overlaps SOCAL's border enough to not allow it to load when approaching from your sceneries' side. Did you start in LA first to see if SOCAL loads from there, then proceed NW?As far as the global tile recommendations, I'll have to lay them out in TS before I can demonstrate the approach I would use.

Randall Rocke

Chris,Again, I can't answer on where the SOCAL scenery may cause problems, but based on my experience, these are the globe tile selections I would make for your project area. This would make 5 projects, covering all or portions of 5 global tiles using snap to grid. Please note that even with smaller projects where it was not necessary to render and slice the entire globe tile (lots of water), all borders are global tile borders:1/2 of GT:170,153 and full GT:170,154

1/4 of GT:169,154

Full GTs:170,155 & 169,155

If there are still problems, it may be necessary to change load parameters. There is also the possiblility that the SOCAL scenery does not conform to tile borders and may therefore be incompatible as far as rendering adjoining scenery.

Randall Rocke

Guest Dean

>There is also the possiblility that the SOCAL>scenery does not conform to tile borders and may therefore be>incompatible as far as rendering adjoining scenery.I believe that is the case. I spent a lot of time a few years ago trying to integrate Matt's So Cal into TS2 and I could never figure out the coordinates. If memory serves me correctly, Matt's scenery is actually two different size areas that do not conform to the standard globe tile grid. The main scenery area is a large square and then there is a smaller rectangle shaped area that is located on the upper left corner of the main scenery area. It is roughly shaped like a L laying on it's side. In essence you have a six cornered scenery area. You can fly the perimeter of So Cal and see where it borders with the default scenery to see what I mean. You can also look at the coordinates in the So Cal scenery file and see they cover a much larger area than the scenery itself. I think this prevents an adjoining TS tile from loading.