Sign in to follow this  
Harald_Kraft

FS-IMP Scenry converter

HiJust to remember this wonderful tool a screenshot from Johann Loy's freeware FS2002-Scenery.It's a pity, that this wonderful tool is not further developed.Harald

Guest laurentC

Awesome !BTW the tool is still developped and distributed ... but in x-plane world ! Padraic moved to x-plane where he encounterd a real success (first people were very wary about the guy, eh, eh !)Take a look here: http://www.fsimp.com/Cheers,laurentC (rotw)

Guest tonyc

I think the miscalculation was that the tool could only be used for add on sceneries. I think if the tool could have converted msfs default scenery as a personal tool--i.e.,you must have msfs in order to convert the scenery--it would have had great success.tony

And such a shame to lose Padriac's support for Fly!II conversions. I use FSIMP all the time with a lot of success. The thing Padriac was concerned with, re: MSFS default scenery - was copyright infringement - which is why he didn't incorporate the function into FSIMP. Legal battles with MS can be very ugly... ;-)Ken Wood :-sun1http://www.avsim.com/hangar/fly/dfdg/bannernewkw.jpgGateway 700X; Intel P4 2.4GHz; 512MB RAM; NVIDIA Ti4200 4X AGP 128MB; SB Audigy; Thrustmaster TopGun Fox 2 Pro Shock

Kenneth E Wood Jr  🌪️🌩️

ex AG1, USN (14yr Vet) Weather Foecaster

Guest podjo

Hi all,Thanks for your kind words as usual.I think that I said a few times that fs_imp (fsimp/fs-imp? sorry!) was kind of rushed out before it was too late. It is nice to see that it is still in use for Fly!II. It takes nerves I know!Like Laurent said, I have "moved" over to X-Plane. X-Plane has an advantage for fsimp since it offers a plugin interface where the programmer can do "what he likes" using openGL code. The learning curve is quite steep. On "moving over" I have implemented more MSFS BGL stuff and found many bugs, as well as introducing new ones.If things quiten down a bit then I may be able to generate a new version of FS_IMP for Fly!II based on my newest BGL stuff.A big thanks also to LaurentC and the ROTW gang for supporting Fly!II so well.Thanks,Padraic (podjo) Morgan.PS: Pity that the attached screenshots on these threads have been removed. Forum rules I suppose.

Guest chezz

Hi Padraic,Thanks for the Fs_Imp and looking forward for a new version that can be used for fs9. All the best to you.chris_CA

Hi PadraicI am looking forward for an improved version.BY now I have to remove the crashcode (I-96)with an hexeditor from many of the BGL-Files to be able to convert them.Harald

Hi Padriac,Many thanks for the magnificient tool FSIMP, which I perceive as a very creative development.Looking forward to an fs9 version of FSIMP for Fly!2.Thanks,Frank

Guest Steve Brown

Padraic, your very clever tool was an inspiration to our Fly2 world. I for one had great success and pleasure in using it. Adding scenery to Italy were I Fly a lot was a buzz and still is.Even though I can now create my own models, I find a lot of little problems in how they show up in Fly2 and many of them look quite ugly. If I make them for Trainz flightsim, my models are top totty :-) so, what Im saying is your software will always be in use.I thankyou for all your hard work for us, and if you ever have the time... please please come back.A big thankyou... Steve[divalign=center]http://www.wrexhamspace.org/forum.jpg][/divNASA ATX Graduatehttp://www.wrexhamspace.org

Guest Fly II Pilot

Padraic,It's great to "see" you're still around. I was wondering what you were up to these days and I just got an answer to that question.I'm jealous of the X-Plane folks who now can enjoy your talent. I hope things do quiet down so that you can resume work on this side... ;-)Hope to continue to "see" you around.Best regards,http://www.avsim.com/hangar/fly/dfdg/banneraa.jpg

Guest tonyc

Hi Padraic. It's great to hear from you. I still believe that the tool should take all of fs9 default scenery, provided that the user has a cd of msfs. this would make it a legitimate tool...tony

Guest HeliFLYer

Hi Padraic,I want to use this opportunity to thank you for your program because after I had installed the first version it was unthinkable for me to FLY! my region without it. All those landmarks and little sceneries which had been developed for FS98 to FS2k2 convert the "green desert" (default FLY! scenery) to a usable VFR scenery in Northern Germany. And a modern PC solved many of the speed problems of ancient time.If you really would improve something, then I had ONE rather simple wish:make it possible to delete parts of the scenery which are displayed in a very bad way, ie. flickering ground textures or wrong displayed objects of the scenery. I don't know whether it is possible, but especially those bad groundtextures kill my illusion of that phantastic flightsim world rather quick.Anyway, with a new version for FLY!2 or not - you did an outstanding work for FLY! and nearly unbelievable what you created for XPlane with FSImp 1.22 - I wish you much success with your XPlane work now and in the future and hope you'll stay with work for FSImp for a long time.http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/116020.jpgRegardsGeorg HeliFLYer EDDW

Hi Padraic! Thanks so much for dropping in and visiting! I for one would very much like to see an updated version of FS-Import. Your latest innovations would no doubt be a great enhancement. I think one of my favorite imports was the one freeware Moscow scenery that had many of the landmarks and several airports within the area. The conversions came out terrific! There has been some nice sceneries for New Zealand, Australia and Hawaii, but in GMAX. So if the latest can do something with that format, it would be a huge leap forward! Thanks very much for considering a possible update. Wayne does a wonderful job creating airports for us, and I think Steve Brown was working on some more models we can all use with the editors and TerraModels, and FS_IMP would simply be another wonderful tool for us to have available.Many Cheers!Ken Wood :-sun1Seawind Projecthttp://www.avsim.com/hangar/fly/dfdg/bannernewkw.jpgGateway 700X; Intel P4 2.4GHz; 512MB RAM; NVIDIA Ti4200 4X AGP 128MB; SB Audigy; Thrustmaster TopGun Fox 2 Pro Shock

Kenneth E Wood Jr  🌪️🌩️

ex AG1, USN (14yr Vet) Weather Foecaster

Guest Steve Brown

Hi all Ken is right, I have started new models, mainly with the Airports in mind, but a few other things will be added too.If Wayne could send me a list again please (as I lost the last one you sent... sorry) as Im creating this pack with Wayne in mind as he is our main Airport creator.I want to faze out Steves Models, with better low poly models. I have started but my new job ;-) , is taking me away a lot so I wont be around as much. But Steves Models V2 is being created. I had a dream that I could make some great models for Fly2, but some of the things I have learned do not work in the sim, which is a shame. So Im back to my first plan of creating generic MS9 type buildings.This can also be used by lorent in the scene gen if he wishes.Give me a month and I should be finished :-) Steve[divalign=center]http://www.wrexhamspace.org/forum.jpg][/divNASA ATX Graduatehttp://www.wrexhamspace.org

Guest paradoxbox

Padraic, you have nothing but the utmost support from all of us here in the Fly!II community. Keep up your good work! We definately hope to see you come back to Fly!II with an improved version of FSIMPORT some time. Thanks for your hard work and dedication!Cory