Sign in to follow this  
Harald_Kraft

FS-IMP Scenry converter

Guest richpress

When this first came out I admit to putting it in the too hard basket.Since then my computer knowledge and knowledge of FLY 2 has improved and encouraged by the enthusiasm shown in these posts I had another go. Fantastic!!! My first project was Auckland Internation A/P- a very complex scenery incl many models,bldgs etc. The frame rates posed a little problem but I managed to improve that sufficiently to be able to taxi around the airport. My next project was a little less abitious ( from FS2000) Frame rates were hardly effected. However I did have one problem which I would hope somebody may be able to help me with. I received an error message ("Can't load texture B59E002.RAW File not found. File texture.opp line 1376".) Closing out of this window closes the program. I don't seem to be able to locate this file in any pod file.I tried loading "neighbouring" tiles with the same result.Richard.

Generally, that error is caused by missing scenery elements (texture files), such as having Gerrish Gray's Tree library or maybe the Nova Gold textures. Which scenery area were you trying to convert over? All I can offer is to go through any read-me files and see if the author requires additional files be installed.I had a lot of luck (except for taxiways) for NZCH v5 (I'm an old Antarctic alumni from the late 70's), so Christchurch scenery is always a fav of mine. AUckland scenery and even have a nice Wellington one that converted okay, but with the advances in GMax modelling going on, version 1.03 loses out from not being able to convert. The NZ Scenery project is terrific, but only useful within MSFS (darn the luck!). I had never made it to Lyttleton Harbour in real life, but that scenery really gave me a great feel of the area. Hope this helps!Cheers...Ken Wood :-sun1http://www.avsim.com/hangar/fly/dfdg/bannernewkw.jpgGateway 700X; Intel P4 2.4GHz; 512MB RAM; NVIDIA Ti4200 4X AGP 128MB; SB Audigy; Thrustmaster TopGun Fox 2 Pro Shock

Kenneth E Wood Jr  🌪️🌩️

ex AG1, USN (14yr Vet) Weather Foecaster

Guest richpress

Thanks for the response. Sorry I didn't get back sooner as I have been side tracked installing XP. I thought I downloaded the required files but I will check the readme file again.I found the Auckland scenery great but a bit tough on the frame rates. Regards Richard.

Hi !Yes this is a fantastic tool !! But it needs development i have tried fsimp in bothx-plane and fly2 without any luck. Bad fps and texture,scenery loading.

That's okay, Richard. I hope the info helps and you are able to get the conversions working.Yes, Auckland does the same to me - its most likely from the groups of aircraft parked around the area. NZCH can do it at times from certain angles / views. AS with many things computer related, we just have to be able to afford lots more memory .Cheers!Ken Wood :-sun1http://www.avsim.com/hangar/fly/dfdg/bannernewkw.jpgGateway 700X; Intel P4 2.4GHz; 512MB RAM; NVIDIA Ti4200 4X AGP 128MB; SB Audigy; Thrustmaster TopGun Fox 2 Pro Shock

Kenneth E Wood Jr  🌪️🌩️

ex AG1, USN (14yr Vet) Weather Foecaster