Sign in to follow this  
Roger Mazengarb

Jabiru's finished and under final testing

G'day all, Just a few pre release pics of the Jabiru. It's time to give a huge thanks to all the developers and forum members who have given assistance to the production of this aircraft.Jean Sabatier - for his excellent tutorials on making aircraft.Elrond Elvish (flygraphics) and Matthew Horridge (PBX maker) - for their graphic file conversion programs.All the people on the Fly! forums for answering my cries for help.There are too many to name but you know who you are.Finally none of this would be possible if it wasn't for the great s3d converter for Truespace 3.2 by Chris Wallace.To all above I thank you for making my hobby so enjoyable and I hope you derive some degree of satisfaction from seeing your work being used productively.OK speech over, now back to the Jabiru. If all goes well :-) I'll upload to the library tomorrow.In the meantime a few pics. Cheers,Roger

Guest danieletona

Roger,my most sincere compliments.:-beerchug Dan

Guest tonyc

Congratulations, Roger. You've come a long way!tony

Guest Eagle

Really, really, really great job Roger. Are the maps for Australia or can they be used in the U. S.??:-lol Is there room for me to take a friend? He/She weighs about 500 pounds!:-laugh1

G'day Dan,Thanks for the compliment; it would make a nice aircraft to use to go flying around your beautiful Italian scenery-remember to have a thermos of coffee and a packed lunch handy because it is very slow :-lolCheers,Roger

Guest HeliFLYer

Compliments, compliments!the inside views of this little aircraft really look great.How will it behave in the simulated sky?Very nice Easter egg, thank you very much!RegardsGeorg HeliFLYer EDDW

G'day Tony,Thanks Tony, its taken a long time :-) , but at last feel that I have achieved something - albeit a very simple aircraft. Truespace may not have all the bells and whistles of max but I found it much easier to use and although I still have a few "issues" with texturing I'm pleased with the result. I've spent the last couple of weeks tweaking the model and every time I look at it I can see where improvements can be made but it 's got to the stage where enough is enough and whats not quite right is going to stay not quite right. It's not perfect but for my first model I'm OK with the faults.My next model WILL be better :-lolCheers,Roger

G'day Wayne,Thanks mate. The maps are the best kind! - virtual maps, good for any airport in the world :-lol> He/She weighs about 500 lbs! >:-eek :-eek forget it! That's 50% of the M.T.O.W. :-lolThe tip of the fin is only 6' 7" above the ground so many NBL players would be taller than the Jabiru. I actually sat in the aircraft and the seating is very "compact" to say the least. The side windows are actually domed about 2-3" to give shoulder and head space. To get an idea of the size of the Jabiru, park it in front of the engines of the B747. Make sure you have at least 5 minutes separation from a B747 or you will be doing uncommanded aerobatics :-)Cheers,Roger

G'day George,< How will it behave in the simulated sky? >I'm not a pilot but to me this is a "pilots" aircraft. Pure VFR all the way. No autopilot in this. I find the lowspeed handling a pleasure.but I might be a tad biased :-lolCheers,Roger

Guest Steve Brown

Thanks For All The Hard Work Mate. Im So looking forward to this one.Steve

G'day Flyfisher,Thanks mate. Just the thing for sightseeing around mount Cook! :-)I believe there are a few Jabiru's in NZ.Nice and SloooowwCheers,Roger