Sign in to follow this  
Roger Mazengarb

Jabiru uploaded ...............

G'day all,The deed is done! The Jabiru is now uploaded and will be available for downloading once processed by the library managers.This is the result of a lot of hard work by all the developers for Fly! II. Without their efforts we wouldn't have a hobby.Enjoy,Roger @YSSY

Guest Jan

Hi Roger.Thanks for your hard work and time spent on this.It looks great.At the local airport there is a dealer of this aircraft,so I see them often.But now I can even fly one,even if it's just on my PC.Great to see people releasing new aircrafts for FlyII :)And it's great to be able to post here again.After several disk formattings some time ago,I have not been able to post because of some cookie problems.And I figured it out just today ;)Keep up developing.It can be frustrating,but also fun and rewarding.So longJanhttp://www.avsim.com/hangar/fly/dfdg/bannerjh.jpg

Guest tonyc

Roger. Your completion of the project makes me want to restart on the Electra. I've been busy on a career change, so my mind was not on FLy. But I intend to complete it.tony

Guest laurentC

Good news indeed !It's always a great joy for me to fly in new ga planes ... and also a joy to fly the planes made by people of this sim community.Every new item is a step forward ...Thanks to all of you ... and courage ! Tony for the Electra.Cheers,laurentC

G'day Jan,>Hi Roger.Thanks for your hard work and time spent on this.It>looks great.Thanks Jan it was actually a lot of fun and pleasure. I enjoyed it :-)>Great to see people releasing new aircrafts for FlyII :)Truespace rules !! Thanks to Chris Wallace's S3d converter for Truespace 3.2 we have an alternative to 3dsmax. Anyone who wants to make an aircraft for Fly! II can now do so for FREE! :-jumpy >And it's great to be able to post here again.After several>disk formattings some time ago,I have not been able to post>because of some cookie problems.And I figured it out just>today ;)Glad you've sorted out all your computer problems and can once again participate in the forum. Your help has been invaluable and I'm sure I'll be calling on you again for help from time to time.>Keep up developing.It can be frustrating,but also fun and>rewarding.Hey you're preaching to the converted here :-) but it might entice a newbie to have a go :-) cheers,Roger

G'day Tony,Keep your priorities right! Career comes first, but it would be great to see the Electra come to fruition.Just take your time and do a bit every now and then when you feel like it.Once developing gets into the blood it's hard to control :-)Cheers,Roger

G'day Jan,Yep! SNAFU in action I'm afraid :-) my middle name. Not long after uploading I was flying around and noticed a few transparency problems. I had done all my latest testing flying at night checking out the lighting (interior and exterior) and the tranparency problem slipped by un-noticed.If you look closely at the instrument mounting screws on the main panel you will see daylight!! Also the rudder pedal arm and elevator trim indicator show daylight.It's no big deal and you have to look hard but it's there and just bugged me. Also the AH has a problem. Try flying the aircraft outside it's flight envelope and watch the AH go bannana's :-)I had omitted the front plate from the instrument as I thought there was no need for it. Well so long as you fly straight and level with blue side up there isn't. :-lolThe short story is that I asked the Library to remove the upload.I have fixed (I hope) the errors and have re- uploaded the aircraft to the Library. It should be available for downloading shortly. Indexed colour files are a real pain, an anachronism of the early days. Modern hardware has well and truely made their use obsolete.Thankfully the exterior tif doesn't have to be indexed.Cheers,Roger

Guest tonyc

Roger, have you found an easy way to deal with transparency issues? Often I need to change the RGB of a color that is very close to 000(but is not 0,0,0) because when it's converted into a pbm file, it becomes transparent. PSP8 apparently corrects these numbers to the closest numbers when converting from 16 mil to 256 colors, which in many cases turn into 0,0,0 after conversion.tony

Guest Jan

Hi RogerThanks for the explanation,and the fix.Yes,transparent pixels can be a pain.I use the magic tool in PS,set to 0 toleranse,and click on the window area.Then all those pixels are selected.But the single one can be hard to spot sometimes.So long.Janhttp://www.avsim.com/hangar/fly/dfdg/bannerjh.jpg

G'day Jan,Rich passed on this tip to me on how to clean up windows. Use the paint tool to paint the window red. (or blue) Any offending pixels will immediately be seen. Use the pencil tool to colour the naughty pixels the same red and then use the paint tool to paint the window ( 0,0,0 ). Works great! gives an immaculate window every time.Cheers,Roger

G'day Tony,The best tool for fixing transperancies is a well trained eye.See my reply to Jan about windows.I know nothing about PSP, but in Photoshop I use the local (selective) setting.One thing I am very wary of and that is converting back and forth from RGB to INDEX COLOUR. Keep it to an absolute minimum as there appears to be a progressive colour distortion.Cheers,Roger