Sign in to follow this  
Guest Shalomar

Take Two selling NEW copies of FLY 2

Guest Shalomar

Donny AKA ShalomarFly 2 ROCKS!!!I got an extra copy of FLY 2 on Ebay from global star software. To my surprise they said to call Take Two for support. Out of curiosity I called and found out FLY 2 IS supported AND currently available NEW for $14.95. This might explain PDMG opening the 777 and 757 up for sale, albeit sans support. The last story I got from TRI years ago was that FLY was NOT available. Don't quote me on it but when I tried to use the Global CD with ROTW's DVD it didn't recognise it as the U.S. or European release version. It didn't occur to me to check which version it was, it MIGHT be pre-patched to 210. I wound up using my version 157 instead. What I heard from Take Two seems like great news to me. P.S. So far TWO of my friends are into FLY 2. Both of them work with computers, one in I.T. the other builds systems for a living. The latter is running a 42 inch monitor. They may have a lot to contribute. P.P.S. Hey you proud DVD owners! Dare ya to land the Hawker on Runway 36 at LFNJ! I succeeded first try after one missed aproach. REALLY wish I had seen the post about muting sound in Windows settings before I installed FLY 2 again, didn't know that was meant by "muting MIDI player".Best Regards, Donny:-wave

Guest HeliFLYer

Hi Donny,I never understood why TRI did not sell FLY! 2 as a low cost package - you'll find these kind of programs here in Germany sold anywhere for EUR 10/$10 and at least a little money could have earned without further development. My secret thoughts were that TRI dealed a lot with M$ (other programs like Monster Truck madness ...) and therefore did not sell the unfortunate flightsim anymore - no competition!And I would not understand why they start selling it now, after they have lost nearly all of the market to M$, X-Plane and FlightGear and only a few hard-core fans are left worldwide (except France, there might be some more left).But if so, too late TRI to get back into business without further effort.RegardsGeorg HeliFLYer EDDWAnyway, thank you very much for the info. I hope your friends like FLY!2.

Guest Steve Brown

Hi Georg and Donny.We too in the UK can get Fly2 cheap on the Exploded label. I also noticed it for sale on Ebay under the exploded label too.I dont have Fly2 installed anymore, but I might invest in a new copy off the net and see what version these are.On another note, I still have some buildings to upload so you guys can have them. I went on a hunt through my DVD Rom backups and found them. I had shared these with Georg many months back and we found a few little problems with see through textures. I think I resolved this but my original Fly2 discs are corrupt/damaged. I will let you all know when I need them testing :-) Steve[divalign=center]http://www.wrexhamspace.org/sig.jpg][/divNASA ATX Graduatehttp://www.wrexhamspace.org

Guest mapman

FWIWI just bought my European version here in the States at eBay for $1 plus shipping.Patched up to 2.5 without a problem. It was a buy now price and he has plenty left for those who are interested. No support of course, but between here and Flysimol there seems to be plenty of support.And....Thanks for all the support!!!!

Guest Eagle

Steve, that set was being sold for $19.95 in Best Buy at one time.

Guest Shalomar

Donny AKA ShalomarFly 2 ROCKS!!!Well, I'm fixing my friends up with Take Two copies of FLY 2. Costs more but something good might happen if they see the demand. I heard blurbs years ago about a 747-400 being developed for FLY 2, maybe by PDMG. Whatever happened to that one?Best Regards, Donny:-wave