Sign in to follow this  
Guest tonyc

Reoger, we a have a problem...

Guest tonyc

The Jabiru crashes the program as soon as outside camera is selected. Can you confirm?tony

G'day Tony,AAhhh. That's the same problem I was posting about earlier. It crashes my original fly! installation but works on the new clean installation. As far as I'm aware Jan has posted that he has downloaded it and it flies great. Can anyone else out in the forum please confirm? You and I share the same problem. I'm starting to think that there may be a Fly.ini setting causing the problem. In a round about way this could also be the cause of your pod problems?If you have the time/space make and new installation of Fly! II and check out the Jabiru then. Also check out your pod problems as Laurent was unable to reproduce them.I will download from the library and check that pod out.Keep in touch if you find out the cause.Cheers,Roger

G'day Jan,Ok both my hands are above my head - I give upI downloaded the file from the library - emptied all the art/data/models/world folders and tried the downloaded Jabiru.It works perfectly!Just one question.What is the difference between pod 2 and pod 3 ???????I have been podding the Jabiru as a pod 2Whatever the problem is it is way above my head.Do you have any ideas?Cheers,Roger

G'day Tony,Sorry to be a bit late answering ..........I've been very busyIt turns out that it is a Fly.ini setting. Set environmentMap=0 and the Jabiru will work fine. That was the reason by the way that the Jabiru worked on one of my fly! II installations and not the other. I'm still checking the root cause of the problem.Cheers,Roger

Am most likely wrong this one, but did you create the shadow acm file to go with the main model acm file? I think the environmentmap setting deals with reflective abilities of the model's outer skin, or controls the model's shadow. I seem to recall in the old forum - when Fly!II was first released, we had some problems with aircraft and their shadows... but cannot recall if the 240 fianl patch corrected all this or not.May be something to think about, and ask Jarno or Alex about.Cheers,Ken Wood :-sun1http://www.avsim.com/hangar/fly/dfdg/bannernewkw.jpgGateway 700X; Intel P4 2.4GHz; 512MB RAM; NVIDIA Ti4200 4X AGP 128MB; SB Audigy; Thrustmaster TopGun Fox 2 Pro Shock

Kenneth E Wood Jr  🌪️🌩️

ex AG1, USN (14yr Vet) Weather Foecaster

G'day Ken,Thanks for the input.From memory I recall the original shadow problem to involve clipping of the span. The Jabiru uses the standard default Cessna 172 Skyhawk shadow. The shadow appears to be functioning with no problems. T & L lighting also works no problems. It's just the environmentMap setting that is causing the problem.Chris is looking into the problem.Just for info; How does one generate the shadow of a model? I wouldn't mind having a go at producing the Jabirus own shadow?Cheers,Rogeredit. Cessna shadow and T&L

EEK!!! :-eek Creating the shadow would be a good question to pass along to Jarno or Bart. I still cannot make heads or tails from Truespace... :-( That one I do not know...Cheers,Ken Wood :-sun1http://www.avsim.com/hangar/fly/dfdg/bannernewkw.jpgGateway 700X; Intel P4 2.4GHz; 512MB RAM; NVIDIA Ti4200 4X AGP 128MB; SB Audigy; Thrustmaster TopGun Fox 2 Pro Shock:-eek

Kenneth E Wood Jr  🌪️🌩️

ex AG1, USN (14yr Vet) Weather Foecaster

G'day Ken,Yep I'll see if I can get a reply from Bart.Sorry Ken I didn't quite understand your post.What's your hassle with Truespace.?Cheers,Roger.PS went for a quick fly in the seawind :-) very nice.