Sign in to follow this  
Guest Azzurro

Taxiways for Denmark

Guest Azzurro

Hi Fly!ersI have downloaded all the airports and the taxiways files for Denmark, thanks Wayne, for all that you are doing for us, day after day. :-wave Just noticed one problem: the taxiways for EKCH (Kastrup) are visible for flying, but don't appear in the vectorial map. When looking at the files within the pod, I can see that there is one file only for this airport, EKCH.tms... perhaps this could be the explanation of the problem.Cheers and happy Fly!ingAzzurro

Guest Eagle

Azzurro, I did not create any taxiways for EKCH as they were included in the default scenery by Fly.The download from AVSIM should not have contained any taxiway files. I will download today and see if that is the case. If the .tms file is in the zip I would suggest deleting it and see what happens.I did 19 airports for Denmark, and that was the only one where I did not need to do the taxiways.Let me know if you need additonal help.

Guest Azzurro

Wayne, I'm sorry for the mistake !In fact, EKCH is part of TRI's original Taxiways.pod, and I think I extracted it some weeks ago to place it in my "Taxiways-DK.pod" with your previous realizations.Then 2 solutions, ever I made a mistake while depoding it, or it was like that in TRI's file...Edited:the first solution was the good one, it seems I made a mistake while depoding x( I have found the missing file in my saved version of the original Fly!II, so everything is repaired.As a tip for those who will Fly! in Denmark, since we have a lot of good airports and taxiways, you must know that the last version of Didier's Dafif is including all the VFR waypoints for the whole country (source the official www.slv.dk site).If you only want the VFR waypoints, a dex file can be downloaded at the bottom of this page:http://fly.simvol.org/index.php?preparatio...gesus/vfrus.phpAmiti

Guest Eagle

Azzurro, thanks for the response. You make reference to a dex file. Have you applied the changes and did that effect any of the scenery that I did for the airports? I ask that question as I am preparing a flight plan for Denmark and don't want to run into the problem I had with Australia.I have done all the airports in Denmark for which I have diagrams. If you have any that I have not done and would like the scenery and you have diagrams I will do them. Let me know and I will send you an email address.

Guest Azzurro

Wayne, my dex file only creates VFR waypoints, so there is no problem at all with your sceneries. In fact there is a complementarity between this elements :-) The complete list of Danish airports is available here under that link (airports diagrams are all named "*_ADC.pdf" files:http://www.slv.dk/Dokumenter/dscgi/ds.py/View/Collection-578but you certainly created the most important of them.There is another airport on the Faeroe Islandshttp://www.slv.dk/Dokumenter/dscgi/ds.py/G..._2_EKVG_ADC.pdfYou will find excellent VAC maps on the same site, for instance this one for Kastrup, so I think that our VFR waypoints will be very useful for building realistic VFR flight plans:http://www.slv.dk/Dokumenter/dscgi/ds.py/G...1949/ekch-5.pdfAmiti

Guest Azzurro

This is an example of what you can see in Didier's Volnav (a future new version to be published soon) after installing the VFR waypoints: here is a representation of a VFR arrival from west to EKCHvfrekch0ow.gif