Sign in to follow this  
Guest Shalomar

Bush Flying Unlimited: Check it out!

Guest Shalomar

Donny AKA ShalomarFly 2 ROCKS!!!Bush Flying Unlimited has several forums on Avsim. It's like a loosely structured charter service in the bush. There is no set minimum or maximum of flights you must accomplish. Anyone on any sim is welcome. On the "general discussion forum" you can ask questions and submit requests for aircraft to be added to the aproved list. On the "job assignments and flight reports" forum you look for "jobs" that apeal to you and fill out a report (PIREP) with screenshots on your flight. The only requirement is that you create at least one job to replace the one you take. "Rehashing" of old jobs is O.K., preferrably with some details altered. Jobs are mostly in Alaska but bases are located in other parts of the world. As long as you create a logical reason for being there jobs can be done anywhere. The "miscelaneous" forum is for duplicate flights and ones that do not meet "bush flying" categories (like airliner flights or aircraft not on the aproved list.) If you really like an assignment but someone gets it first, you can fly it too and post a "duplicate report" in the "miscelaneous" forum. General requirements for an aircraft to be aproved are: Must have propellers, max takeoff weight less than 30,000 lb and ability to operate on 3,000 foot runways (amphibians/floatplanes too.) Jets, heavy aircraft like the C130 can also be used on apropriate missions if included in the "special use" category. It wouldn't hurt to show off our favorite simulator, maybe we'll pick up a few converts: especially with some panel shots of the aircraft with type-specific cockpits included in your report. All of the jobs I create can be done in FLY 2. MOST of the other ones can too but double check requirements and make sure you have the required airports. Most jobs are created with FS9 identifiers which are different in many cases.These aircraft are SPECIFICALLY aproved& available for FLY 2:Pilatus PCXIIBeechcraft B200Staggerwing on floatsSeneca VC-130Super DecathlonDe Haveland Twin OtterThese aircraft have variants aproved and PROBABLY are okay:Piper Malibu (meridian aproved)Flyhawk (182 Skylane aproved)PA-19 (J3 Cub aproved)Staggerwing wih wheelsSeawind (when it becomes available)The Hawker is under consideration as a "special use" aircraft. So far two out of five administrators have aproved it. No "no votes" yet.I probably missed some. Fell free to check out the BFU forums. If you click on "hawkeyes" banner in any of his posts you will be taken to the BFU website where the complete aproved list and other info is.Keep FLY II alive- advertise!!! Donny:-wave

Guest Eagle

Thanks for the update, Donny. I visited that forum some time ago, but it appeared they did not use FLY. I did some airports for Alaska some time ago and they probably need to be updated. With Steve's models I can add a lot more to the scenery than I had previously. If you are taking part in the BFU forum and see something that I need to do, drop me a line. It would be nice to get some of our FLYers interested now that they support our sim.

Guest Shalomar

Donny AKA ShalomarFly 2 ROCKS!!!I don't know if their server supports us on multiplayer. It's true some of the flight assignments require FS9 or include mandatory real weather or certain scenery we don't have. But anybody can create assignments and ones I create are pretty flexible. To do a job you do not have to be on multiplayer. You simply must replace it with another and provide updates on progress or a full report on your flight within a reasonable amount of time. (1-2 weeks) I heard there are conversion utilities so their bases created for FS9 can be imported to FLY without much effort. Maybe some painters could do special jobs for BFU but as long as an aircraft is aproved it can do jobs, no requirement for livery. (I would hesitate to use a British Airways twin Otter, but if you work it into the storyline they seem accomadating.) I am flying my first "official" assignment tonite. Which brings me to my first request (thanx for the offer!) I could not find Bella Bella Denny Island (FS9 ID CYJQ) in Canada. It is close to Bella Bella Cambell which we have but on a different island to the southeast. The administrators allowed me to use Cambell although CYJQ was a required element for the job I picked to do. They only said to work the reason for the switch into the storyline. Like I said they are accomadating. P.S. I just remembered a few days ago that I have a 2005-6 edition of the AOPA airport directory. One of my brother's clients gave it to him and he gave it to me. I didn't think I needed it and promptly forgot about it cuz FLY 2 has such a complete, accurate database. Or so I thought. If you want current real world info let me know. Its contains all U.S. airports plus seaplane bases and info on "ports of entry" in Canada, Mexico and the Caribean.Best Regards, Donny:-wave

Guest Eagle

Donny, airport diagrams are what I need for the scenery. Don't know is your AOPA airport directory has those. CYQJ is not in the Fly database and so I cannot do that airport.

Guest Shalomar

Donny AKA ShalomarFly 2 ROCKS!!!It isn't a port of entry so it's not in my directory. It's in Canada southeast of Bella Bella Cambell. (FLY 2 has that one) The name is Bella Bella Denny Island. I'll try to download some real world taxi diagrams. But it was only in one assignment and the requirement was waived even for that. So I wouldn't make it a high priority.I'm in the middle of my first job. You can check out my PIREP in the job asignments and PIREPS forum under "an extrordinary race".Best Regards, Donny:-wave

Will have to work a tad harder on getting Seawind out of the "build hangar" and into everyone's regular hangar, then!Thanks for the update, Donny... Maybe Bart will see this and finish one of his "special projects" also!Cheers!! Ken Wood :-sun1http://www.avsim.com/hangar/fly/dfdg/bannernewkw.jpgGateway 700X; Intel P4 2.4GHz; 512MB RAM; NVIDIA Ti4200 4X AGP 128MB; SB Audigy; Thrustmaster TopGun Fox 2 Pro Shock

Kenneth E Wood Jr  🌪️🌩️

ex AG1, USN (14yr Vet) Weather Foecaster

Whoa! Hadn't heard of this one, and can bet it would make a *very* interesting aircraft to build for the sim. Probably be kind of hard to get some cockpit pics, I'll wager. Wonder if we could find a 3-view??Ken Wood :-sun1http://www.avsim.com/hangar/fly/dfdg/bannernewkw.jpgGateway 700X; Intel P4 2.4GHz; 512MB RAM; NVIDIA Ti4200 4X AGP 128MB; SB Audigy; Thrustmaster TopGun Fox 2 Pro Shock

Kenneth E Wood Jr  🌪️🌩️

ex AG1, USN (14yr Vet) Weather Foecaster

Guest Shalomar

Donny AKA ShalomarFly 2 ROCKS!!!I saw a pic on the same website of BE-200 but small size and cold/dark cockpit. Full Efis, 2 screens per pilot+ 2 in middle- shared? Big center pedastal. EFIS screens were taller than they are wide not like what I've ever seen before. Panel not very high, reminded me a BIT of the PMGD 777. center stick like the PA-19, but bent about 30 degrees to enter panel. I guess for greater movement and pilot comfort. It won't hurt, I'll track down a contact me address and ask for more. I thought of sending the pic as a postcard but I didn't want you to get SPAMMED. Now that it occurs to me I'll send it to my Hotmail account I have set up for people I don't want to hear from really then forward it. I completed my first mission. Some of the photos I wanted didn't make it in my PIREP. I forgot to imbed some and thought they would be overwritten if I uploaded them again. Wrong. Avsim changes the name so they were hard to find again. But I got in a few good shots of the B200 and Citabria. From now on I'll concentrate more on panel shots. The models in FLY look great but different sims look close in exterior views. Panels are where FLY shines brightest. The hardest part of the "mission" was picking screenshots. Avsim lets you post 10 to a topic now but due to my stupidity I only got in eight.Best Regards, Donny :-wave