Sign in to follow this  
pulstar

PMDG 777 SIDS and STARS

Hi, I've joined this forum a couple of weeks ago, and I must say: THANKS everybody for your great support!I need some help with the SIDS and STARS of PMDG's 777. I re-installed Fly!II, updated it with the patches to 2.5.240 and downloaded the 0403 PMDG Airac package (which is the latest available I presume) from simvol. When I try to program the FMS I keep getting HDG errors and after that, no SID or STAR is available in the ARR/DEP menu. I didn't used to have these errors, I really don't know what to do.. Does somebody know this problem and has solution? PMDG doesn't support her FLY!II model anymore, so your the only help that I can get.I already posted this question in a Topic on this forum, with no succes so please forgive me that I tryed it again.. (That plane is worth it!)

Pulstar,Did you, by any chance, reinstall the 240 patch after installing the B777? Though I don't know about the FMS situation (someone else may be able to help you there), I do know that the B777 (or the simulation itself) will not function properly unless the 240 patch is applied afterwards.

Randall Rocke

Hi Randall, thanks for your reply!Yep, I reinstalled the patch b/c the PMDG overwrites the fly!II.exe file. It has something to do with the way the FMS interprets the data within the textfiles for the particular airports. Ik keep getting those error messages, I re-installed it again from scratch. Only installed the patches, then the PMDG with the SIDS and STARS from AIRAC0403 from simvol, then the patch again. Then the FMS gives an error (at the bottom left of my monitor) which looks like this: HDG Error in line 72 of KSFO (don't know the exact linenumber) I scrolled trough that file, compared it with one of the original SIDS and STAR example (the way its scripted) And they appear to be scripted the same way. No strange or corrupted lines. I overwrote that original file this afternoon, so I can't test what it would do with the original file, I'll give that a try next morning, will re-install the boeing and the patch. Has anybody got it working with the 0403Airac, or is there a more recent version which is known to work well? Thanks in advance.Thijs Sijl (aka Pulstar)

Guest dajackman

The only error I have found so far is trying to delete a waypoint. Does that work for you?

hi dajackman!Thanks for your reply, I tried to delete it, but I'm still getting syntax errors. When I delete that line and load that one in the FMS it gives another syntax error, and it keeps doing it all the time. I re-installed Fly!2 completly today, step by step, didn't change any fly.ini or render.ini settings. The SIDS and STARS provided with the package don't give errors. And I can edit those with the 777editor. But when I use the PMDG_0403.zip package from simvol I get lots of syntax errors. Also with the 777editor. I think I have the latest 777 (filename: PMDG777BASE211.zip). This is not the only error with the plane. I also have problems with the lighting, the wing and tale lights are corrupt. They just shine into the air in stead of shining on the plane itself. I think this has something to do with my graphicscard (intel extreme graphics 2 onboard my notebook). But I can live with it. I hope that someone can help me out with the database problem, otherwise I have to get back to MS Flightsim or X-plane with 12 fps. Can someone please mail me a database that does work to pulstare@hotmail.com. (incl. the e) And can I use the newest DAFIF 0503 db or should I stick to the 0403 for fly? Any sugestion is welcome!Thijs