Sign in to follow this  
Devil 505

Can One Of You Guys Help Me With This Too??? (Please??...

Hello All!!! (Again!)I reinstalled "Fly!2" last night after reinstalling "Fly!2k" the night before that.Anyway,I noticed something with "Fly!2" I thought was strange, hoped one of you can shed some light on...I noticed after you select your a/c, "Fly!2" finishes loading, and the a/c then appears on the active runway, as you accelerate up to take off speed, the a/c will veer off to one side of the runway. If you manage to get airborne,it will veer to one side,almost like an aileron is stuck,will not respond to control stick input,then augurs in and crashes....I've got the "European" version,but have'nt patched it up, yet, so I'm not sure if that's part of the problem or not...I seem to remember having this problem when I had "Fly!2" installed before,but don't remember what I did to fix it.Bearing in mind I did the install after getting home from work late at night,it's probably something really simple I'm overlooking.Figured I better quit, go to bed and get some sleep or I'd have been up all night with it!Thanks to all who responded to my previous post where I asked about where to get the "ROTW Fly!2" DVD and help with the mixture lever problem on the Beech Bonanza.Any help or light any of you can shed on this will be greatly appreciated.Best Regards,"Devil 505"Joe D

Guest Paul Brooks

Hi Joe,If you are using a Mac then it is the joystick that is not compatible.On the Mac the only one that appears to work is Logitech extreme 3D pro.Paul

Guest mapman

What do you mean by a/c?

G'day Joe,Try to resist the temptation to run the Fly sim before you have the program fully patched. It doesn't take long to patch (about 5minutes) It's not mandatory but may help with the patching process.Your control problem sounds very much like the exponential settings for your joystick require setting back to 100 %.From the menu bar select AIRCRAFT|OPTIONS and check that the key settings are 2 units and all the joystick axis are 100%See the attached pic.Hope this helps cure your problem; if not post again.Cheers,Roger

Hello Again....1)Roger, thanks for that, will give it a go when I get in from work tonight,will let you all know if it works.Like I said before, it's bound to be something simple which I overlooked in my befuddled state.Also,I've got the "ROTW Fly!2" DVD coming from France, which will make it a lot easier to patch everything up.Since it's basically all on one CD,then I won't have to go fishing thru all my old CD's to look for my "Fly!" ones with aircraft/scenery/patches.Is there much freeware scenery around still for "Fly!"??2)Mapman-oops,sorry for not making that abbreviation clear.It just means "aircraft." Got used to using things like that when I was in the Air Force,forget sometimes everybody may not be familiar with a particular one.(Was'nt a pilot or on flying status,though...)Thanks again guys,will let you know soonest if that fixes the problem.Although I'm off all weekend, we're busy painting/fixing up,etc.,etc.,in preparation for our move back to the States from the United Kingdom (KTVC or KDTW area,maybe the Upper Peninsula)so I may not get a chance to "fiddle" until Sunday. Best Regards,"Devil 505"Joe D

G'day Joe,< Is there much freeware scenery around still for "Fly!"? >I presume you mean Fly! II . Sure is. Check out the Avsim and Simvol site libraries.Cheers,Roger

Hello Roger!Sorry about lateness of reply, working "nights" (2400hrs to 0900hrs) this week.(Ouch!)Thanks very much for your advice about the problem I was having with the a/c veering out of control on takeoff. It took about two seconds to fix the problem after I tried your suggestion. I had also forgotten the a/c in "Fly!II" need a bit more control input when going done the runway, too.I am also going to take your advice and wait to do anything else with "Fly!II!" until after my ROTW CD arrives in the post with the rest of the patches,then I'll be up and running....Had a really similar problem with 2 a/c in MSFS 2002 which turned out to be something really minor, too.I installed 2 separate a/c, both Cessnas, one was a 207A Stationair, the other was a 177 "Cardinal." Turns out with the first a/c a line from the a/c .cfg file for the copilot's station/weight got dropped somehow, with the "Cardinal," a box for using separate rudder pedals was checked by default when it was installed.Once those two minor things were fixed, have'nt had any trouble since.The annoying thing was it just never occured to me to check,guess it's all part of the learning curve,huh???I actually meant "Fly!2K" and Fly!II" both when I was asking about add-on scenery in my last post.(I have both installed.)As a matter of interest,"Fly!2K" is basically "Fly!" which already came pre-patched to version 01.01.87.For some odd reason,it was only available in the US,which I only discovered after finding a copy on Amazon and had to get my Mom & Dad to post it to me here in the UK.I have'nt done anything with "Fly!" or "Fly!II" for at least the last year to 18 months,up until the last couple of weeks,so that's why I was'nt quite sure if the same situation applied as with MSFS 2002.I mean,I'm already starting to see less and less stuff released for it,and some of the stuff I've seen in the past on different file libraries has disappeared...Anyway,I'm glad to see there are still a lot of us around still taking an interest in the "Fly!" series.As I said before,hopefully it will spark some new developments for them in the future.Thanks again for helping me out of a hole,it was driving me nuts!Best Regards,"Devil 505"Joe D

G'day Joe,>Sorry about lateness of reply, working "nights" (2400hrs to>0900hrs) this week.(Ouch!)There's nothing like retirement. My time is my own :-lol>Thanks very much for your advice about the problem I was>having with the a/c veering out of control on takeoff. It>took about two seconds to fix the problem after I tried your>suggestion. I had also forgotten the a/c in "Fly!II" need a>bit more control input when going done the runway, too.I am>also going to take your advice and wait to do anything else>with "Fly!II!" until after my ROTW CD arrives in the post with>the rest of the patches,then I'll be up and running....Happy to have been of help mate.>Had a really similar problem with 2 a/c in MSFS 2002 which>turned out to be something really minor, too.I installed 2>separate a/c, both Cessnas, one was a 207A Stationair, the>other was a 177 "Cardinal." Turns out with the first a/c a>line from the a/c .cfg file for the copilot's station/weight>got dropped somehow, with the "Cardinal," a box for using>separate rudder pedals was checked by default when it was>installed.Once those two minor things were fixed, have'nt had>any trouble since.The annoying thing was it just never occured>to me to check,guess it's all part of the learning>curve,huh???Ah yes there's always a learning curve; even for the end user. :-)>I actually meant "Fly!2K" and Fly!II" both when I was asking>about add-on scenery in my last post.(I have both>installed.)As a matter of interest,"Fly!2K" is basically>"Fly!" which already came pre-patched to version 01.01.87.For>some odd reason,it was only available in the US,which I only>discovered after finding a copy on Amazon and had to get my>Mom & Dad to post it to me here in the UK.I can relate to this. Being in Australia I may as well be on Mars when it comes to obtaining software.I got my original Fly! imported from online seller in US. UPS charged more than the value of the software for delivery! $98 U.S. was the total for my first Fly! sim.God games offered an update to Fly!2k for $5 U.S. if you returned the original CD. That little exercise cost me about $30 Aus by the time Ipaid bank charges and freight.It was about 2 years later that I bought Fly!2k in the shops here in Sydney.The same occurred when I purchased Fly! II only this time it was FED-EX not UPS that relieved me of my hard earned money>I have'nt done anything with "Fly!" or "Fly!II" for at least>the last year to 18 months,up until the last couple of>weeks,so that's why I was'nt quite sure if the same situation>applied as with MSFS 2002.I mean,I'm already starting to see>less and less stuff released for it,and some of the stuff I've>seen in the past on different file libraries has>disappeared...OK Fly! and Fly!2k were both basically killed off by FlY! II.Consequently there's not a lot of new stuff around for them; BUT all the old stuff is still in the Avsim Library.>>Anyway,I'm glad to see there are still a lot of us around>still taking an interest in the "Fly!" series.As I said>before,hopefully it will spark some new developments for them>in the future.>>Thanks again for helping me out of a hole,it was driving me>nuts!You're very welcome. See you around on the forumCheers,Roger