Sign in to follow this  
Guest andrewluck

ROTW DVD error after installing

Guest andrewluck

Hi AllSearched the forum but couldn't find any reference to this.Having installed a new copy of Fly!2 and then installed my new ROTW DVD I get the following error when starting:Unable to open PBG file ab_panel_l.pbgAny clues please?Andrew Luck18 miles SW EGSH

G'day Andrew,PBG files are the multi-frames graphic files that Fly! uses to simulate animation for things like panel switches. It appears that you are not able to read this specific file. I've had this type of error many times whilst making an aircraft. It can usually be traced to1. a faulty/corrupt PBG file2. a missing/corrupt associated *.ACT file3. the file not being in the correct directory.4. a naming error.5. The file not being installed.Have you done a search to see if the file is on your hard drive?It sounds very much like an aircraft panel file and if Fly! II doesn't boot then probably the default aircraft - whatever that is on the ROTW DVD. Does Fly! II boot up with the default aircraft? Have you modified any aircraft? or added any 3rd party aircraft? ( AirBus ??? - Auto Brake ??? guessing as to AB_panel_1.pbg) If Fly! II fails to boot up at all then, as nobody else has reported this error before, it does hint at a corrupted installation. You did mute Windows sound prior to installing and patching? I think someone from ROTW may be able to identify where the file is from? Sorry I can't be of more help; Wait to see if a more explicit reply is received by someone more knowledgable.Cheers,Roger

Guest andrewluck

RogerThis is a fresh install to which I've just added the ROTW stuff. I can't find the referenced file either in my old install or the new. There are a few new aircraft that I didn't have before though.Andrew Luck18 miles SW EGSH

Guest chezz

Andrew,I have this issue before I think this has something to do with .dll or fixes in aicraft file e.g. pilatus also try deleting any .hst files in your aircraft folder.chris_ca

G'day Andrew, I checked my drive and the is a file AB_panel.pbg in the generic pod.AB_panel_1.pbg may be a modification to this.CheersRoger

Guest rene_35

I had this error recently: the reason is than VolNav (from Didier, ROTW) was opened when I started Fly! II.After closing VolNav, Fly! started normally.Be carefull not to have Fly! tools open, when you use the sim

Guest andrewluck

ReneNo other Fly! tools open. This is a clean install, followed the instructions, didn't run it, just ran the ROTW setup program. First run, I get this error.I shall try removing it and reinstalling again, maybe with a manual patch to 240 this time.RegardsAndrewAndrew Luck18 miles SW EGSH

Guest andrewluck

Couldn't find the answer to this last time so went back to Fly! without the ROTW addons.Just built a new PC, clean build of XP, installed Fly! from the CDs, installed the ROTW DVD, same error. Set the default aircraft in fly.ini back to the flyhawk with no effect.Now I am puzzled as previously I'd figured it was some sort of problem with my PC which would be resolved by the new one.Can anyone tell me which pod this file resides in and which addon it's part of?Andrew Luck18 miles SW EGSH

ac_defaultFix.POD ,that`s where the file is.It`s the panel-graphic for the auto-brake ( see pic.)http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/138589.jpgThe AC_defaultFix.pod (date 24-11-2002) is a part of the original install from the FLYII! Patches.After install of the ROTW stuff this file is still the same.Because the patches are ALSO on the ROTW-DVD it is hard to see the difference.I think , there is the problem.probably this pod-file is corrupted ( on YOUR dvd ) drop me a mail and I`ll send you a fresh one.RegardsLeen

forumlogopaintmod.png

"Non licet omnibus volare cum aquilis" (Azzurro)

Visit Flybike-Paints

Guest andrewluck

Thanks. Email is on the way. I'll let you know how it goes.RegardsAndrew Luck18 miles SW EGSH

Guest andrewluck

LeenIt looks as if there's something wrong with my DVD. Having installed the pod file you sent me the next error I get is 'Unable to open PBM file glass_cockpit_1.pbm'.Looking through my fly2aircraft folder I've only got 3 sub-folders: dauphin - 6 pod files pa28 - 6 pod files seneca V - 1 pod fileIt looks as if the zip file ROTW-aircraft was not fully expanded.Manually expanding that zip into the aircraft folder fixes these problems.So now, Fly loads, but all the menus are in French.Andrew Luck18 miles SW EGSH

No problem.Hold alt during startup and change langauge.I have noticed some expanding problems too but after a few timesall went OK.After installing the complete set including the ROTW DVD , I made an image of the complete directory.Saved this image to a dvd and now I am able te reinstall within 30 minutes. ( 100% guaranteed problemless!!! ON almost EVERY PC !) :(Leen

forumlogopaintmod.png

"Non licet omnibus volare cum aquilis" (Azzurro)

Visit Flybike-Paints

Guest andrewluck

Yes. I'll probably make a new copy once I've got everything working again (re-added the PMDG stuff mainly). Fixed the menus - thanks.Next problem is with the Seneca V. Switching to this aircraft results in a nasty error: CSimpleModel::Load - corruptRegardsAndrew Luck18 miles SW EGSH

Guest Robert51

About installation of the ROTW DVD, it seems the hard disk must have a large free space, once the installation ended, for running well.Robert51 from ROTW