Sign in to follow this  
Guest andrewluck

ROTW DVD error after installing

Hi RobertDoing a complete install from the original cd and installing de ROTW dvd needs 6,5 Gb free harddiskspace.Alltough I have de ROTW DVD about one year now, I used it three months ago for the first time.The fist install did not succeed Fly did not start.The second install wich I did in exactly the same way as the first DID succeed.There was plenty (60Gb) harddiskspace.I did this install just for testing ( on a spare computer)Last december I overhauled my SIM-PC and had to reinstall FLYII!I installed FLYII! and the ROTW DVD and FlY started right away.Alltough this looked OK , it was not.At startup the Seneca was situated on a very nice airport with a very nice scenery.After teleporting the plane to Cannes airport I discovered the scenery missing.All other french airports were missing the scenery.I tried a second install without succes.I did not try further , and choosed for the simple solution.Just copied the FLYII! directory from the spare PC over the install with the mising sceneries.Now it works perfect.Now the big question is still , why does`nt the ROTW DVD did not install all files.I have the idea Andrew and me are talking about the same kind of problem.Last days I did some more testing and noticed the ROTW dvd does forget to install files now and then.Is there anyuthing known about this matter?RegardsLeen

forumlogopaintmod.png

"Non licet omnibus volare cum aquilis" (Azzurro)

Visit Flybike-Paints

Guest andrewluck

Free disk space 192GB so no problem there.Fly! is installed in it's default location on the C drive.I had a look through the folders and couldn't find any more that were missing so as yet I haven't solved the SModel corrupt problem. I'm going to leave this for a bit and work out why my rudder controls are seriously offset in Fly! (OK in Windows control panel).We're definately talking the same problem here but my DVD is consistent in not installing the second half of the ROTW aircraft ZIP.Andrew Luck18 miles SW EGSH