Sign in to follow this  
Guest abade412

For ROTW and F2FDesign can I order for some aircraft

Guest HeliFLYer

Hi Dan,looks absolutely great. Did you do some work on the panel already? If so, could you post a screenshot - just for my personal delight! I flew a lot of years as a crew member with the Bell 212, made some flights with the UH 1D. I like these choppers, due to the teetering rotorsystem you have a more comfortable and stabil flight compared to modern helos like our BK117.Thanks a lot for your work and the infoRegardsGeorg HeliFLYer EDDW

Guest danieletona

Hi Georg,the model is in experimental phase and only in ACM. I have not "faced" the panel yet. :-roll Dan

Guest Steve Brown

Hi AbdullaThis is being created by our friend Daniel Tona.Check out our model creations board at Fly Developers. Dan is keeping us updated with pictures and info. But remember this kind of work is not easy and can take many months to complete even for a team of developers.http://pilotsim7828.proboards40.com/Steve[divalign=center]http://www.wrexhamspace.org/sig.jpg][/divNASA ATX Graduatehttp://www.wrexhamspace.org

Guest Steve Brown

Hi Wayne sorry I just spotted your post, I forgot to reply.Yes I was recieving emails from someone, who has now been caught. They had followed my links to here and F2FDesign/& my website and decided to pester me. Some emails were very violent, some were made to look like I had recieved private emails from F2FDesign, but the emails from my friends didnt make cense. But putting your curser over the links, they were all 123.456.789 for example. He/She was hiding behind a proxy.Anyway, I spotted this right away, I used work at a local City Crown Courts, and have many friends in the right places. I was given advice and a little trap was laid on my website. The rest is out of my hands. Hide behind a proxy and you can still be found. Strange and sad people lurk around, and build up a picture of what you do, and were you go, if you leave them enough trails. Sadly for me, Im totally public because of my Project, everyone knows me were I live, so there is only so much I can hide. I was eating out with my wife In a place 40 or so miles from were I live and someone in the Street said "theres Steve Brown from NASA" I had to laugh as Im no part of NASA, but they were talking about the website. Plus I have been interviewed by the BBC and in a few newspapers too. I cant hide :-lol Hey why should I!All the best Wayne, Steve.[divalign=center]http://www.wrexhamspace.org/sig.jpg][/divNASA ATX Graduatehttp://www.wrexhamspace.org

Guest chezz

hi steve,that's the price you pay for being popular. Watch out for the paparrazi.:-hah chris_CA

G'day Dan,The 3d work in that model is phenomonal! An absolutely stunning looker.It's very inspiring to see such beautiful work. I can only aspire to reach such heights.Cheers,Roger

Guest Jan

Hi AbdullaSorry about the Puma crash.Did the people onboard make it? At least there is a theoretical chance to get it down even without tailrotor.Regarding the Bell 205,that one was new even to me.So I have no idea about release date.Sorry.You just have to wait and see.Do you have any AS365 Dauphins in the Emirates?Janhttp://www.avsim.com/hangar/fly/dfdg/bannerjh.jpg

Guest HeliFLYer

Hi Jan,thank you for showing that panel to me, really wonderful!I am always astonished about the very high quality of FLY! panels. How is that done? Do you use a very high quality photograph, retouche it and "plug" the constructed instruments in *OR* is that fully constructed with a 3D-program like 3DS Max??? For the first option you must have a very high technical equipment, the second option would be really high standard design.Just curious about that :-)Take careGeorg

Guest Jan

Hi GeorgThis panel is just a start.Since I can't do them in 3D,I use photograps.Get the size and layout as I feel is best.Retouch the panel and surroundings.Make all the instruments from more closeup picsand paste them in.Then do some shadowing and other details.The bad thing is there is only 256 colors to play with.So I have to reduce as many colors as possible in the photo to get it appear best in FlyII.Jarno is a 3D man,so he can make the whole panels in 3D Max.Then the panels should be more crisp,and he would have more choises of angles and so on to play with.But probably more work than using a photo.But as a bonus,it gives me some photorael feeling,wich I like.Attached: another panel I'm playing with.Can't stop you know ;)Take care.JanEdit: The animated instruments are made and defined in the pnl file.I use standard Fly needles if I can,or custom made in 3D if needed.The panel itselfe is just a background.http://www.avsim.com/hangar/fly/dfdg/bannerjh.jpg

Guest lucizeta

Surprisingly FANTASTIC!!!!!!Without words!Luciano -LIME

Guest HeliFLYer

Hi Jan,although your screenshots/pictures have only limited quality I had to ZOOM into them and enjoy your work - I can imagine how the original looks like, very high industrial standard (retouched photos of machines for brochures, advertising, etc).Did you use a "normal" camera or a digital one? And then clip many pictures together to that one big (before working at it with a graphic program)?I did some tests with a (rather cheap) digital camera and was not satisfied. Resolution is very good (3.2 MPix) but there is some distortion in the pics - straight lines get a little curved. And when I did close-up shots of the instruments, I got reflections - even without a flashlight. Do you use some sort of polarization filter to avoid reflections?A lot of questions, might be you can give a rather short answer. Within the next months I will have some time to do some more photos and would like to get better quality, might be I go back to my old SLR camera with Kodak film. Old but very good optical quality compared to the digital camera. Might be I have to buy a cheap polarization filter.Last question, I am very curious! :-) What helo is it? Looking at the round CRTs, I expect it to be built some decades ago. Thank you for sharing your work and experiences with me/us.Regards from BremenGeorg

Guest Jan

Hello Georg.Thanks for your comments.The original RGB color panel don't look to bad,but when converted to 256 colors for FlyII it looses some quality.Both color blend and crispness.I use several photos,and put them together in the paint program.Resize,rotate,cut and paste.Trying to get the lines straight,both horizontal and vertical.When I'm happy with the size and proportions,I copy each instrument,switch,light and so on into it's own layer.Then I can repaint the panel to a single color.The original have to many colors/nuances to appear nice when converted to Fly.Then I can paint in the shadow areas,under the glareshield and around the instruments.Each instrument is made on a separate large pic.Background color made even,and darker,to get rid of reflections.Retouched,and pasted into the panel.Then resized and placed to fit the one already on the panel.Then the first one can be deleted.Now I have the size and position.When everything looks OK,I can copy everything that's going to be animated,and make separate PBG's.Like switches,handles and so on.Those are placed back on top of the panel within Fly's pnl files,so I realy don't need them on the panel picture anymore.Then it can be retouched again to save even more colors before finaly converting it to 256.If you plan to do a panel,please e-mail me,and I will help you out.I don't know everything like the pros,but am learning every day.Here is the last panel as it appears in FlyII.What you see here,pluss the diffrent side views took me about a week of work.I had holiday last week.But as you can see,there is still a lot of work to be done.Regarding type of helo,check out the compass correction card.JanEdit: I just bought a new digital camera.A Canon G6 with 7Mp.Earlier I used the one we had at work.But most of them will do the job.http://www.avsim.com/hangar/fly/dfdg/bannerjh.jpg