Sign in to follow this  
Guest pilotsim7828

Need to check Flydevelopers Forums Please

Guest pilotsim7828

Please check out the post on " Who Wants To See "Need all of the people who posted in the Fly2 Poll From steve`s post to look at this post in the Flydevelopers forums to post here alsoThank you pilotsim7828 the brand new approach to Flydevelopers.com Forums Links; A new approach to flydevelopers http://pilotsim7828.proboards40.com/index.cgi?action=loginA old approach to flydevelopershttp://www.forumcommunity.net/?c=14387Check out he New Flydevelopers Forum

Guest Fly II Pilot

Jeff,I personally prefer the WIKI format that Chris has put together. I would rather concentrate on building up that site with more information than to open yet another one. As for the forums, Avsim already has a Developers forum, I don't really see a need for a separate forum.I think Flydevelopers served a great purpose initially but since then new technologies have been developed that fit better the nature of our community.Again, this is my personal opinion. Nothing more, nothing less.Thanks for all your contributions.Best regards,http://www.avsim.com/hangar/fly/dfdg/banneraa.jpg

Guest pilotsim7828

Hello Alejandro , Could you please give me a link to this wiki ?I just thought that I could contribute to something that has to deal with FlyBeing not very well versed in any type of programming or anything , It is just my way of giving back to the communitypilotsim7828:-wave

Guest pilotsim7828

Alejandro , Never even knew it exsistedpilotsim7828

Guest Steve Brown

A big thumbs up Jeff.The more the better I say. If you went through how many sites there are for FS9 your eyes would pop out. I like the settup and layout of the forum. I think the more positive will view this as a step forward. Dont worry about negative thoughts of others :-mad I cant believe it sometimes...A+ for trying so hard for our simSteve[divalign=center]http://www.wrexhamspace.org/sig.jpg][/divNASA ATX Graduatehttp://www.wrexhamspace.org

Guest pilotsim7828

Thank you Steve,I can agree with your anger of the compition for more forums I think they may be afarid of losing many devoted fans, But one thing I know there are more choices for people to make up thier own minds on where or what they would like to see, or do for this simYes Flydevelopers may be out of date and not needed any longer , ButWhy do some people try in the first place;-) As you can see alejandro really supported flydevelopers at one point Post from wiki linkAlejandro QOUTED.."Ever since Flydevelopers went down, I started to realize how much we needed such a site. I'm partly guilty for not having contributed to Flydevelopers as much as I should have. I promise that I'll contribute this time."Thanks again!SO I think that alejandro tried but could not get it done for me and I appreciated his help graciuosly, But I know as busy as he is there could be very little time from all of the other things he does for this sim and us I just don`t see why he won`t join us in this new endevor Now ?pilotsim7828

Guest Steve Brown

Hi Jeff!I just feel things should be more suportive of others trying.Not everyone can program,do repaints,scenery or panel design. I saw this in a negative way and didnt want you to be discuraged, thats all. I have always been like this, fighting fights for others :-lol After all many have websites about Fly2, but I visit many of them, if not all. If you eat only one food, you get fed-up with eating. I thought this was very negative, and that saddens me!Now I leave in peace!Oh by the way, did you see my post about my webspace? I have 500 megs of space I could share with you. Im back at my classes but Im sure I can help, let me know your ideas. Its up and running for another year before I have to splash out again. The hits Im getting is fantastic but my bandwidth can take a lot more without extra cost to me.Steve[divalign=center]http://www.wrexhamspace.org/sig.jpg][/divNASA ATX Graduatehttp://www.wrexhamspace.org

Guest Fly II Pilot

Jeff,As far as I'm concerned, you or anyone else are free to do whatever you want. The only reason why I said what I said is that, after all you've been through and all the effort that you've put into this, I'd hate to see you discouraged a month from now if you don't get the participation that you were expecting.I personally like the WIKI site format and I'm sorry, but I can only afford to put my effort into one site.The reason why I am against yet another forum is that we're already a very small community. If we continue to dilute it into more forums we'll lose the already low level of activity that keeps this forum alive. If it weren't for Steve and others, who really keep the dialog going, Avsim would have probably shut down this site a long time ago.The minor difference with the MSFS community or communities is that there are thousands of active users. As you've seen from Steve's latest poll, we are only around 60 out of which maybe half are really active or frequent "posters".As always, that's my personal opinion...http://www.avsim.com/hangar/fly/dfdg/banneraa.jpg

Guest pilotsim7828

Alejandro , Truley I understand...]What you are doing between Work , F2FDesgin, and your website , is enough, I think you have your plate full, I think the wiki site would be good to keep Files that people upload for Like Pictures , and other topics, so people could keep going back so they would`nt have to ask they same question all over again, as after a while avsim loses the pics and forums topics Would you agree on that note ?Personnally, I dont like they Wiki Format , Even though It is not a bad idea. I just have`nt used ever in my life or even knew it exsisted before now I hope that this extra forums does`nt break up the devottees to this forum here at avsim .It is not that at all, If you went to M$ forums and then looked at all of there websites they all have seperate forums, besides avsim, And I don`t think that breaks up avsim at all Do You think that would break up members from thier page and avsimAfter all This forums are probbablly here to stay with over 21000 members I think my small forums would`nt do much harm and could be good for a break once and a while.My opinion... sorrypilotsim7828

Guest Fly II Pilot

Jeff,"I hope that this extra forums does`nt break up the devottees to this forum here at avsim."That's not what I'm afraid of, what I'm afraid of is that the level of activity will decrease, even slightly, and that I would have to check yet another forum (I already have to check Avsim and ROTW), to stay informed of what's going on. That's all.But please, don't let me be the one stopping you. I guess that, at the end of the day, the only way to tell how valuable it is or not is by seeing how many people visit it, store files, etc.If it weren't for you and your perseverance, F2FDesign would have never had its own website, and for that I really thank you.Good luck! And again, thanks for your continued effort and support of the Fly! II community.http://www.avsim.com/hangar/fly/dfdg/banneraa.jpg

Guest pilotsim7828

Thank you for your encouargement Alejandro, If prersiveance, is my only good qualitythen how about a one stop shop:-lol just kiddingsee ya pilotsim7828:-wavePerseverance sometimes pays off

G'day Alex,I concede your point re can Fly! II really support two developer forums. Whilst I had never heard of Wiki prior to Chris's post, conceptually it does have it's attractions. The permenancy and centralised location of editable data. Great for storing the heavy technical stuff. However before I delve into the mysteries of bumpywords, CamelCase and blogging are you absolutely CERTAIN that the Wiki can be used for file sharing???. A quick tour of the tutorial describes Wiki as "a knowledge based database", "a permanent whiteboard". File attachment is mentioned, but only in the context of graphic images for screen display (I think). There is no mention of downloading? I'm no Wiki expert so I could be totally wrong.BUT; if the Wiki cannot be used to store files for downloading then there could be a niche for FlyDevelopers.com if Jeff was prepared to provide a website where authors could keep updates of the progress of their projects and temporarilly store files for beta testing.In the above situation the two websites wouldn't be competing but rather complementary to each other. (horses for courses)In two state logic I don't think it has to be an "exclusive OR" gate. :-)Cheers,Roger

Guest pilotsim7828

I have to agree with rodger also As he states "In the above situation the two websites wouldn't be competing but rather complementary to each other" This is for the many needs of other developers also, Not just One Group There are two groups pages I have set up for a total of 40MBs of upload space, And I am sure more will come soonas. I am looking for a hosting site for at least 300Mbs, I am not sure , but it seems that chris and I had the same idea I am not useing wiki , That all These groups pages is for people who do not belong to F2fdesign, R.O.T.W, groups,and others ... Not pointing you out totally or others as you may think, As I see it , there are many people that would like to use this space , And I am sure they would enjoy it ... Why on earth would anyone deny them the same type of accessto upload to beta test thier projectspilotsim7828