Sign in to follow this  
Guest The Gaijin

Cleared 4 Takeoff (help needed)

Guest The Gaijin

Greetings,Would anyone be so kind and help me with some problem I've been having with Cleared 4 Takeoff.Whenever Center tells me to contact Approach I always get this message "Not Inrange" when I call Approach. No matter how near I am to the airport, I just can't check in with Approach. Everything seems to work fine until this point. The frequency is also correct.Can anyone help, please?Thanks in advance.Danny

Danny,Considering your ID, I take it your still in the Land of the Rising Sun? :-)As far as your "Not Inrange" issue, this is a tough one. I've never had the problems you speak of on a consistent basis. Normally, when I get that message, it's doing exactly what it's supposed to do - inform me that I am indeed out of range. In those cases, I would check back every 3 minutes or so until I got a response. It is very, very rare for Approach to never respond. This is so rare for me that I can say it's happened maybe two times in the last three years.Some questions:1. Which version of C4TO were you using - the original or one of the later beta DLL versions?2. Which airports were you flying into? Sometimes airports have been set up with improper Approach frequencies within Fly!, and neither the built-in ATC or C4TO can communicate with them.

Randall Rocke

Guest The Gaijin

Hi Randall,Yes, I'm still in Japan. Probably will have my bones burried in this beautiful country. 19 years in Japan already! Time flies. Only feels like yesterday. It's been a long time since I last checked-in the forum. Haven't stopped flying Fly! II though, but just been too busy with work for chats on the Net.Re my problem, I'm using the latest dll (3.3.1). The airport I'm flying to is my home airport, Hiroshima (RJOA). The approach frequency is supposed to be 124.05 Can you check on your system and see if it's the same? Will post a photo of RJOA last time I went flying over the area (real flying).Cheers and thanks again for your help.Danny

Danny,I'm still using the original C4TO with Flyscripts!, though I suppose I should try the latest DLL beta. A quick look at the Approach frequencies assigned in Fly! for RJOA show they have the correct entries: 124.05 & 125.15. C4TO should select either of these with success, though, as I've said, I have no experienxe with the DLL versions. The frequency problem I was referring to relates to putting frequecy ranges into the database that can't be tuned on Fly! radios (such as frequencies in the 300s, etc. - that puts a monkey wrench into ATC communications quickly).I'll run a couple of test flights into RJOA in the next couple of days and we'll see what happens.

Randall Rocke

Guest The Gaijin

Thanks, Randall. Looking forward to hearing about your test flight.Cheers,

Danny,I can verify that indeed, Approach was never "In range" with my test flight into RJOA. Nice job on the airport, BTW.On a hunch, I'm going to edit the COM frequencies for this airport, then try another flight.

Randall Rocke

Guest The Gaijin

Randall,Thanks for checking. Waiting to know the results. Glad you enyoyed the RJOA scenery. Attached are couple of photos of RJOA I took last time I went flying in the Fall. Since I made the scenery they have added a new cargo terimnal between Tango 5 and Tango 6 taxiways as well as the hangar for the Hiroshima Prefecture Air Rescue Bell 412.Enjoy!

Danny,Great shots! As far as the C4TO issue is concerned, I've had "no joy" here on resolving the issue. Though some of the COMM frequencies were out of Fly!'s range, they were not the Approach frequencies. I made 4 test flights, first changing the non-tuneable settings for Tower, etc., but to no avail. I also changed the default APP settings several times, but APP still fails to respond.As a last ditch effort, I'll remove the airport entirely from Fly!II, then reinstall it.

Randall Rocke