Sign in to follow this  
Guest Shalomar

C130 for FLY 2

Guest Shalomar

Donny AKA ShalomarFly 2 ROCKS!!!I tried to get the C130 from Are's Hangar, an Avsim hangar site for FLY 2. The download link failed. Is the plane available?- can't find on Avsim.I first wanted the Herky bird for a BFU mission. It's the only prop job I know that will do a 12,000 LB payload. It's electrical equipment to repair storm damage, the spools/electrical boxes in FLY 2's editor will do nicely. I'm looking into using the Saab 340 or Beech 1900, maybe two trips? Just downloaded both.Didn't want to take the C4TO "HELP!" thread off topic, but I just did my first flite with the DLL version. I've been missing out! I usually close the planner without starting the flite plan cuz I like to use persistent world w/o repositioning. I was in the PA28 with 230 GPS. When I started C4TO it asked if I wanted to file my IFR plan and clearance worked fine. Had trouble contacting Center till I called up the default GPS "N", direct-to to then "clr", "enter". Once my plan was in the default GPS C4TO worked marvelously, but the 230 GPS never did see my flite plan. I dunno if FLYSCRIPTS is still needed for the DLL version but ROTW put that in anyway with the DVD. C4TO install is real easy, just unzip from HD to FLY 2 directory. Ditto for the patches to C4TO. Even a dunce like me had no trouble.Best Regards, Donny:-wave

Guest Shalomar

Donny AKA ShalomarFly 2 ROCKS!!!When I checked payloads in "Aircraft, weight and balance" the 1900 was the same as the default King Air and the Saab 340 only had weights for the pilot, copilot and rear baggage. GROSS weight was 20,000 lb with that load but max takeoff was 14,000! Did I mess up the install somehow?Best Regards, Donny:-wave

Guest HeliFLYer

Hi Donny,thank you for your interest at the Saab340, which is still one of my favourite aircrafts as it is used by a small local airline here at EDDW:http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/114459.jpgBut you must know, that is has still some early Beta status as Tony Cervone (who improved Pontus Hedlund's work) stopped the work at it. So you'll find many lacking or not working features (ie instruments, switches, ...) and have to live with it or learn to improve it. I have the same incorrectness with the weights, it is NOT an installing problem.You are very enganged looking into the details of the aircrafts, so I hope you'll stay with FLY! and might be a good job for you to learn something about all those config files you have with the aircrafts IF!!! you stay with FLY! for a while.Have nice flights!Georg HeliFLYer EDDW

Guest Shalomar

Donny AKA ShalomarFly 2 ROCKS!!!Thanx. I just got a copy of Panelmaker, my toe is in the water. If weight changes, doesn't the flight model too? Ironically I bought FS9 out of frustrations specific to my system but upgrading to directX 9 which came with FS9 resolved most of them, and 9C is even better. I'm staying with FLY 2, nowadays I just compare airport databases for BFU missions in FS9.Best Regards, Donny:-wave

Guest Jan

Hi DonnyIf you are able to change the settings in the SVH and WHL files in the World folder (unpodded aircraft) you can put in the correct data for empty mass,and rated mass.Take the realworld figure in pounds,and divide it by 32,17.The number you get should replace the number of the rated or empty mass respectivly.Save your modified files in the world folder within FlyII.Go into the menu for weight and balance,and check your new settings.Thats all.If you want to play with internal loads,go to the VLD file.It list pilots,passengers and cargo.And their position in the aircraft.You can rename them to whatever you like,rise/lower the load and positioneach one where you prefer.Janhttp://www.avsim.com/hangar/fly/dfdg/bannerjh.jpg

Guest Shalomar

Donny AKA ShalomarFly 2 ROCKS!!!Just got the real world figures. Thanx.:-wave