Sign in to follow this  
Guest mapman

Kodiak & Sahara help please

Guest mapman

Hi All,I have finally worked my way up to the twin engine (after a detour to the helos) and, following the manual step by step, have discovered that I am unable to adjust the left/right side throttle/prop/mixture controls independently. I.E. they move as one.Using the key mapping tool, I was unable to find seperate controls listed, yet the exercises in the manual have me shutting down one engine while in flight by pulling the mixture to full lean, as well as sycning the props by making slight adjustments in the left/right prop controls.Also, on both the Kodiak and the Sahara, during the pre-take off runup, I find that switching one magneto off (looking for the rpm drop) kills the engine all together.I have searched the file library for dll fixes, but have not found anything.Any suggestions?Thank you,Marc

Guest mapman

Great! Thanks!!

Guest Shalomar

There is a fix for the magnetos that Alejandro of F2Fd (aka fly2pilot) came up with. It is in the Wicki web under the parent topic Fly2Bugs. KodiakBugs is the topic name it is attatched to. It's been a while since I did it, I am not sure if the fix for the Sahara is included but if not it is under SaharaBugs. You might not have noticed the problem before because it sometimes does not occur when switching from the Cessna. I started compiling a list of bugs categorised by aircraft and known work-arounds but haven't added to it for a while. I do plan to, Ive been wrestling with System issues and when I do fly it's usually a BFU mission lately, not a test flight. Not sure 'bout the level of interest. For all aircraft set all your expos to 100%, it especially helps with single engine work in twins. Also you might want to try the Seneca, it has closer to real world performance. If you have difficulties with downloads/connection speeds, I would be more than happy to burn a CD with whatever you want and ship it C.O.D. If you make a donation to ROTW of 20 euros or more, they will ship you a 3 gig DVD with Seneca and a BUNCH of other aircraft included. As it ships, it is not quite "load and fly", but I don't regret getting it. Be sure to follow Heliflyer's advice in the Simvol DVD advice forum and download his FlyTweaker tool, also in the WickiWeb.A tip you might not know about: If you want to create a flight plan without repositioning and you know the waypoint names you can just enter them in the Nav log window, if you use the flight planner do NOT press "start flight plan" unless you want to be repositioned with a "cold, dark" cockpit. Close the flight plan window like any other window, upper right hand corner. Press "enter" on the Bendix-King GPS till it displays your current position then press "direct to, clear, enter." Your flight plan waypoints will all be in the GPS. If you want to use C4TO you can initialise it now if you have at least one waypoint between you and your destination. If you start C4TO before the GPS, all is not lost, but I had trouble with Center till I input it in the GPS. Center will clear you to the altitude of your SECOND waypoint, corrected for east/west headings. If the plane you use doesn't have the Bendix King, press "N", this method does NOT work with the 230 GPS in the PA-28. The PA-19 and P-51 don't have GPS on the panel but if you press "n" it appears as a window. I haven't tried C4to in the Hawker yet, but the method of importing flight plans without clicking "start flight plan" definitely works in the FMC.BTW, I will no longer cater to FS9 users when creating BFU missions. I will always use airports included in FLY 2. There may be a lot more compatability now, I'm about to get RandallR's database updates. I hope airports in Alaska are included. If not I will do a "crash course" and use my copy of AOPA 2005 Airport guide to do it.Best Regards, Donny:-wave

Guest Shalomar

Donny AKA ShalomarFly 2 ROCKS!!! You can use individual aircraft engine controls by focusing on them, too. As it ships, you will lose instrumentation on the failed-engine side. Since adding certain files, I have found that BOTH sets of gyros pilot/copilot fail with the port engine. Check out the thread "Pilatus Bugs" for Alejandro's advice on that.

Guest mapman

Thanks Donny!